A quick MIG welding question

Just finished servicing my mig welder, bought a while ago on the bay of E, everything works and I've just done the curtain wire replacement on the liner.

Question; I have two different size (length) gas shield nozzles that both fit. One is shorter than the other by about 5mm.

apologies pictures not the best.

IMG_20200208_153451566 (1024x768).jpg

IMG_20200208_153609129 (1024x768).jpg

Is the tip (the bit the wire comes out of) supposed to be level with nozzle edge or set back?

Thanks, Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

The one that is the same length as the shroud, you might get a few melted tips. Does your welder have adjustment for burn back ( how far back the wire burns). If not use the shorter ones, if you start having problems?

I think you'd only use the short one when working in a confined space and the shroud is getting in the way.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Not seeing them makes it hard to tell, but typically a smaller shroud is used when you use flux-core wire (no gas)..... er... I think.....
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

.... how do I miss pictures when they're obviously posted.... Now that I see them, neither really look like flux-core wire shrouds...
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”