Thread: Tyres

Tyres

Hi, i am/was looking at fitting Avon CR6ZZ's but my existing tyres are 235 & 245/60 R15s... Avon do not do the 235. Any suggestions on a period tread tyre please?
    Crendon No13

Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

hi, this is what i have already, but i wanted a period tread and tyre..
    Crendon No13

Have you gone off the Galaxy's? I have seen Avon 225/65R15 on the front of a few cars. Avons have a straighter wall. Your 235 Galaxy section widths are 9.15 and the Avons are 9.1.

It also depends on your rim widths and space available on the rears you could go with Avon 295/50R15. I would work out from rim size first what tyres will fit.

Give Northhants tyres a call as they have tyres not always listed on the web site.

The other option is Goodyears Billboards from USA if cost is not an issue.

https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.ph...index&cPath=32
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    Have you gone off the Galaxy's? I have seen Avon 225/65R15 on the front of a few cars. Avons have a straighter wall. Your 235 Galaxy section widths are 9.15 and the Avons are 9.1.

It also depends on your rim widths and space available on the rears you could go with Avon 295/50R15. I would work out from rim size first what tyres will fit.

Give Northhants tyres a call as they have tyres not always listed on the web site.

The other option is Goodyears Billboards from USA if cost is not an issue.

https://vintagewheelsus.com/index.ph...index&cPath=32
    Hi, the galaxys are ok, but i wanted the straighter wall of the Avon as they are more period imo.. It would be great to have the billboards but i do not believe they are Uk road legal..
    I will check the rim size etc. The existing size fits well, hence the size i am looking for because i know they fit..
    cheers
    Crendon No13

I was surprised with the wall difference of the Galaxy to my old GF Goodrich tyres . The Galaxy wall was a lot straighter and I could of easily gone up a size or two. Galaxy to my old hard GF was like night and day in the wet especially. The Avon has an even straighter wall than the Galaxy.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL