Smiths Speedo dropping out

Evening All,
    Has anyone got any experience of a Smiths speedo working and then dropping to a nominal mph (around 15mph), then picking up to the actual MPH shortly afterwards (around 30 mph). I was calibrating mine this morning and it did it a few times.
    I've got a Smiths Classic speedo with their own sensor / pickup. I'm using the propshaft bolts as the way of generating the pulses.

The obvious check would be to ensure the wiring connections are all OK but i wondered if anyone else has experienced it and got other tips.

Cheers,
    Mark

I had a similar problem ages ago with magnets and it was a simpleproblem of the gap being too large. I understand from previous posts it's really important that all the bolt heads are in the same orientation when they pass the sensor. Worth a check.

thanks for the tips. I'll have another look at the position of the sensor. On my first visit to the DVLA, the sensor was too close to the bolts, it got loose and got caught by one of the bolt heads so stopped working after driving for about 10 miles.
    Ironically, it made the IVA alot easier for me because i knew it was going to fail from the outset.

Cheers,
    Mark

quick update.
    I made a new backet which was a little more sturdy and allowed the speedo sensor to be fixed a little closer to the propshaft. It has also reduced the amount of movement that the sensor can have due to vibrations. It appears to have fixed the eratic speedo problems.