Oil pressure light fail

I have a new ETB oil pressure gauge and light sender but the oil pressure light has stopped working.

Putting some testers on the sender (WK terminal) I have maximum resistance to earth, this should read zero for the light to come on.

Anyone else had this? Maybe the switch inside is stuck open???
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Just in case anyone is interested, the light switch on the ETB sender unit has definitely failed (after two years, but before IVA).

There is a second switch in my pump housing with is acting as a blanking plug, I moved the wired onto that and its all working again.
    Regards

Craig Perry

Give John a call at Etb. He will be more than happy to help with a replacement and although I can’t say for sure it will probably free of charge. He’s a great guy and company to deal with.

I've been taking to John about an erratic rev counter (which I'm hoping has been caused by interference in the -ve voltage from the failed oil pressure switch) he says:

"If the switch on the pressure sensor is dead (which pretty much never fails as it just a switch to ground) then the contacts have probably been burnt out by 12v through it. (i.e. no diode on the LED)."

So it appears if you fit LED lights in the dash you need (another) diode in the circuit which I don't quite understand???
    Regards

Craig Perry