Fuel tank breather

Whats the alternative instead of tapping and connecting to the filler cap assembly for the fuel tank breather hose. I have a length of fuel pipe running from the tank breather connection, going out through the inner wing and cable tied to the fuel filler pipe but my filler cap assembly nozzle is too short to tap, so is there a propriety item that can fit into the end of my fuel breather pipe acting as a one way valve ie letting air out as the tank fills but stopping any water/muck etc from entering.
    Any suggestions welcome.

I have a one way valve and air filter fitted to the end of my breather, no issue at IVA last time.

I will have a word with the guys at Car builder solutions to see if they have a valve that will do the job.

Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

think you're making this too difficult.
    if you have the standard fiip cap cap from autobras with the plastic lockable inner, then Chris removes the rubber seal so it doesnt seal properly, or if that isnt good enough (as I found at Gillingham), just drill a 1mm hole through it.
    Job done.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Yes
    Perhaps i am , but the AK tank has a small length of steel pipe to which generally one would attach a length of pipe to and then exit out of the boot area normally via the inner wing, if the pipe is left
    open to the boot then i think that when you fill the tank then petrol fumes discharging through the pipe will fill the boot area, possibly a dangerous situation,far better to expel them to atmosphere.I still think some form of valve is the solution, or maybe a combination of both ie removing the rubber seal in the filler cap thus avoiding a vacuum in the tank as the fuel lowers.

For sure you can’t leave the smaller steel pipe as it is, forget fumes filling your boot, it’ll be full of petrol.

Length of marked fuel pipe, a non return valve and a breather air filler. £10, job done

I have a thoroughly over-engineered solution.. I have a vent coming from the tank and returning to the fuel filler neck, to try and reduce 'burping' when filling (1/2" dia), and a small (6mm, IIRC) vent from the top of the filler neck, across the top of the boot to the other wheel arch where it terminates in a U bend and a fuel tank vent valve.

Both are teed into the flexible filler hose with these: https://www.revotec.com/acatalog/Sel...-Fittings.html
    The fuel tank vent valve isn't a one-way valve, it's a two-way valve allowing air in and out but not fuel: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/moca...r-valve-23340/

You can see both here:
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club