Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Not Cobra: Covid-19

If you want some global perspective with unfiltered facts (forget WHO - its a joke) see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb94GXQVEKQ

If you don't want to sit through all of it, take the first 5 minutes, then go to 11:30 for a description about growth, or go straight to 15:30 to see the mess Europe is making compared to Singapore and Hong Kong.
    - and does it matter?.....then see the graph at 22:15..... which is where Italy is now. If you are old (>50) and have other co-morbidities, then beware.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Interesting - I am currently locked down in Italy as flights back have been cancelled but given what the Italian Government have done I am hopeful they will contain it unlike some of the other European countries so quite happy to stay here to a little while and watch from a safe rural location!

I can't believe that they are allowing the Liverpool/Madrid game tonight. Surely it could have been prosponed or has the money people spoke to the government?

Quote Originally Posted by david.mt View Post
    Interesting - I am currently locked down in Italy as flights back have been cancelled but given what the Italian Government have done I am hopeful they will contain it unlike some of the other European countries so quite happy to stay here to a little while and watch from a safe rural location!
    The reports show we are two to three weeks behind the curve of Italy which will fall just before Easter. I hope you manage to get back once the numbers drop and flights are resumed.

My experiences so far have been people will just do there own thing and not listen to advice.
    We have had two doctor surgeries closed as people visited the surgery and did not follow the guidelines of first ringing NHS Helpline 111. Both surgeries had to be closed for three- four days before the results came back. One was positive and the other came back negative.
    This action has put more stress on the NHS and not allowed people to visit there local surgery.

The toilet roll situation is unbelievable. I saw two people stack with 16 bundles of toilet paper at the check outs.
    I would hate to think what the situation will be like when we have a possible lock down in a few weeks!
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Yes I agree - the Italians we have seen are taking it very seriously - keeping in doors or staying 1m away from anyone. We are fortunate - we have a second home here and can work remotely so not a major concern.

We also have bidets here so may have to use them if the bog roll runs out .

But agree - in a few weeks time we may not want to return!

Thanks Kev. I think the quote was along the lines that society’s stupidity was failure to recognise the significance of exponential growth. And we just allowed 65000 people to attend the Cheltenham horse racing on the grounds if crowd control was implemented too soon we would get fed up and not comply later. Where is the logic in that? An Italian doctor said that although people were making decisions based on their own age and relative good health they may be unwittingly choosing to “assassinate” the elderly. The same applies here. This shows the balance that’s being applied between the science and socio-economic effects. No amount of token hand gel is going to prevent you getting Covid19 if you’re within coughing or sneezing distance of one of those 65000. We should always choose to follow the science not the bucks. The virus doesn’t know the difference.
    Dek

So, the WHO finally says its an epidemic. Lets have a party. What a joke.

So: China, Singapore, Hong Kong and South Korea have got it right.
    The Italians tried to get it right, but were too late.
    The rest of Europe, including the UK: total shower.

I cannot understand why a govt unconcerned with tradition has not suspended gatherings, got more mandatory testing going, and marched people off to military isolation zones. The approach to Italy, Cheltenham and general mixing is shameful.
    Speaking as a liberal.... this is all a far too damned liberal lassiez faire!

People do not understand non-linear processes.... nothing much happens in the early phase...till the cascade gets going, and then its too late.
    Bear in mind the UK has less ventilators per head of population than Italy. Lets hope that's offset by having a slightly younger population.

One tiny glimmer of hope: the Chancellor seemed to be more awake than the PM today. Looks like another round of QE will be on the cards.

If you want some more unfiltered truth.....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzXQ6Bu9JVI
    Last edited by KevinW; 11-03-20 at 09:52 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I bet now LFC wish they had not have played the game. Still would have been champions.

UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbour” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

Dek

This has some interesting graphs:
    https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...70YA_0vG_iKO0Y

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast