Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LED Headlights

I quickly created an account.
    These are the ones mentioned in the Defender forum. I think they are the same as those suggested at the start of this thread

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...=8239030763615

Having read the regs for new vehicles I know that LED's are classed as high output light sources, the regs state that anything outputting over a certain level must be fitted with auto wash and auto leveling systems. I'm not sure how this reflects back to the aftermarket and IVA. Give a me a while and Ill dig the regs out and attach the relevant section.
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

OK, so actually IVA is quite clear and exactly the same as Mass pro regs. excerpts attached. Self leveling needed, washers needed above 2000 lumens evidenced output.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Andy

Ford 302 336 BHP 331 ft/lb's , GD JAG249 rolling!!
    Engine started August 2011.
    1st Daughter slows progress!

www.andysgd427.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    I quickly created an account.
    These are the ones mentioned in the Defender forum. I think they are the same as those suggested at the start of this thread

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/col...=8239030763615
    So are they arriving at the end of April mark? I'd be interested in a set of them, let us know how you get on with them
    Craig

Based on Andy's post - those classiccarleds will need self levelling and washer jets fitting as they are 4600 lumens - christ, that sounds bright.

Getting ridiculous with how bright headlights are getting now, i think it's getting more and more dangerous each new generation of car with brightness levels

Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

I suppose that's why the self leveling a important requirement for them?

I will be looking at the headlights properly when i get past the IVA. I don't want to jepodise the follow up test. My date in March was cancelled unfortunately (it was planned a day after all tests were cancelled) so I'm waiting for a revised date from the DVSA.

yeh, but they don't seem to really do anything - you get blinded either way cos they are so damn bright - grrrr
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    yeh, but they don't seem to really do anything - you get blinded either way cos they are so damn bright - grrrr

....where's the Like button!?
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    Couldn’t agree more - they are danger to everyone else on the road. What’s worse is when they are parked up but the ‘auto’ lights stay on for a minute. They often are on the wrong side of the road too. Really blinding. What would they say if I couldn’t see their little kid getting out of the car, hidden by their awful dazzle?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast