Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LED Headlights

LED Headlights

I know the subject crops up every few months, but i thought i'd gauge opinion anyway!

Has anyone tried these from CBS?

https://www.carbuilder.com/uk/wipac-...hoCKAUQAvD_BwE

Wondered if they spoil the look of the car when not lit (i.e. do they protrude more than standard WIPAC lights)?

Cheers,
    Mark

Not sure Halo's would look that great on a cobra, but each to their own. At least you would be able to see when driving at night.

I think it's years of working at a computer that has made my eyes tired but for some reason, i really struggle at night. I think i've seen some lights similar to those on an AK but it was in a magazine so i'm not certain they are the same ones.
    If anyone else has had positive experience of making their lights brighter then I'm all ears.

They’re very expensive.

Yeah, i think i would need to save up a bit before buying them. CBS do sell some cheaper LED headlights. Believe it or not, they also sell some that are even more expensive.
    I must confess I don't quite understand what the difference is to have such a wide variation in price (£150 to £522).

I like the led look ( not the halo) there's quite a lot on eBay for less - 133256154984

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    I know the subject crops up every few months, but i thought i'd gauge opinion anyway!

Has anyone tried these from CBS?

Wondered if they spoil the look of the car when not lit (i.e. do they protrude more than standard WIPAC lights)?

Cheers,
    Mark
    Peerhaps I'm biased, but, Yes they do....look crap on a cobra. Best left for BMW not-so-small 'Mini' imho.
    Well, you did ask....
    Others may disagree.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I think i need to have a look at a few different types in the flesh (as such) to see what they look like. I want / need something that is better than the current headlights but doesn't spoil the look of the car. I'm not in any rush to change them so might have a nosey at Stoneleigh.

Have a look here:

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/

Lots of good stuff that doesn't spoil the look.
    I have just upgraded to LED illumination on the dashboard lighting using 'warm white' LEDs. Less current usage and better illumination.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

And I fitted their H4 replacement LED bulbs to my period headlights last year. Really impressed. You need to find space for a transformer but that went behind on my Dax. They are as good as my top spec Audi, really bright. Like the one's we have all become used to!! (How on earth did we see in the 60's?????)
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast