Thread: Fuel pump

Fuel pump

Hey!

I have a Carter fuel pump part number 152-875. Not sure of the output, could be 50gph or 72gph at 4-7 psi.
    I want to replace this for a smaller one but similar output. Running a 350sbc with a Holley 600 vac sec in a 1999 chassis Dax.
    I have seen pumps sort of tubular in construction that sit nice along a chassis rail rather than mounted to the side of it and hanging down below the lower surface of the rail.
    Anyone know of my options? It’s a bit of a minefield and want to get a proven one rather than just look at specs and choose.

Cheers,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

The pump you are describing sounds like a" Facet" (French I think). I had one on a DAX with Chevy 350, they seem very good. If you like I have some so you could borrow one to see if it's any good for your use. Hope you are well, keep safe, Pete.

Hi Pete. Nice to hear from you.
    I’m familiar with the facet pump as they are used extensively on aeroplanes. They are the constant pressure ticker ones with a built in filter that can be serviced if you know what you’re doing.
    I have seen them used on RV8 powered cars but I don’t think the flow rate is sufficient for the SBC.
    I have bought an Edelbrock pump on advice from Real Steel. Yet to fit it but not a bad price so worth the gamble. If not I’ll sell it on again and reconsider the Carter.

All the best,

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnpistonbroke View Post
    I have seen them used on RV8 powered cars but I don’t think the flow rate is sufficient for the SBC.
    300hp equates to roughly 24 gph if that's any help.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Hi David

I've installed a Holley Mighty Mite on my AK with a Chevy 383. It's a compact pump, quiet and seems to work well. However, I'll only be able to fully test it once the car passes IVA and I can get it on the road.

Regards

Russell

I bought the equivalent Edelbrock one I think. Similar flow, pressure and size. See how it goes when I fit it.

Regards,

David.