Future meets vs Coronavirus

Hi all.

With all his Coronavirus going on there will be mixed views amongst different people with their own ideas. The next meet (and the first meet of the year) ideally should take place on Easter Sunday, 12th April which is forecast for excellent weather. My car won’t be finished but it should be roadworthy, but that’s by the by.

My view on this virus is that the meets generally happen outside and as long as people are sensible, all should be well. The pub where the car park is will almost certainly be shut but that shouldn’t stop a meet or a drive about the countryside or Purbecks with flasks and snacks in boots! The only thing that may put a stop would be an enforced lock down where any kind of travel is restricted.

Or we knock it on the head for a few more months till say, July?
    I am scheduled to go to Le Mans in June and if it is still running and ferries are still sailing, I will be going with the same view as above.

What are the thoughts of others?

Regards,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

My own personal opinion:

If you are young fit and healthy and don't come into contact with elderly friends/relatives,....probably doesn't matter much, and maybe better to get a dose and have done with it.

If you are old and/or with medical issues why take the risk? Even if you don't care about yourself, you are likely to end up being a spreader to vulnerable people, and then occupying a hospital bed that some one more deserving could have had.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

The young and fit can still be spreading it even if they have had it. Increasing the chance of catching it for the most at risk people.

Le Mans 24hrs is postponed to September.
    No mention of any decision on the Le Mans classic yet.
    A
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

Yes I saw that and posted about it elsewhere.
    I would assume the classic is also postponed seeing it takes place within a couple of weeks of the event proper.
    At least we will be almost guaranteed decent weather for the trip.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.