Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Front inner wings

During my government enforced incarceration I have decided to get working on the car again. However, I have come up against a problem. From what I can see, the build manual says NOTHING about the inner wings. I have a complete new front body section on the car and new front inner wings to go in but I am guessing that originally the flanges for the inner wings to fix to the bodywork were bonded into the bodywork before leaving RAM and that therefore you only needed to fit the inner wing panels at a suitable point in the build. As I have a complete new body section from the bulkhead forward, I have no flanges to fit the inner wings to. I have the flanges as a separate fibre glass moulding and the inner wing panels but have no idea where to fit them exactly. Could some kind Ram owner help me with some pictures please? I need some inside the wheel arches both back of the wings, front near the radiator opening and also around the cut-outs for the suspension. It would also help to have a few from inside the engine bay.

Thanks.

James.

Send me you e mail and I will send pics

Thanks, PM sent

James, did you get enough pictures of the inner wing fittings?
    I have the body off at the moment and can get pictures of any part that you need.
    Cheers,
    Paul

Thanks Paul, yes, all done thanks, I will put up a couple of pictures, I actually fitted the flanges in place and then fabricated the inner wings out of ally, makes the engine bay look good.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Thanks Paul, yes, all done thanks, I will put up a couple of pictures, I actually fitted the flanges in place and then fabricated the inner wings out of ally, makes the engine bay look good.
    Out of interest James what are you doing with the gap at the top of the ally and inner wheel arch?
    Dek

Dek, sorry not been here for a couple of days, not sure what gap you mean, I will post some pics in the next few days once I have the car out again and that may answer your question.

Dek, sorry not been here for a couple of days, not sure what gap you mean, I will post some pics in the next few days once I have the car out again and that may answer your question.
    Sorry James didn’t explain that well but meant where the top of the ally meets the body. Presumably there will be a little gap that will need some sort of filling/sealing.
    Dek

No, I used the RAM fibreglass flange which bonds to the body and allows you to fit the RAM inner arches, I glassed the flanges in as they would have been done by RAM but discarded the fibreglass inner arches and made ally ones, these then fix to the flange on the bodywork as usual, I will put up some pics but if you want something sooner pm me an email address and I can send them to you.

No, I used the RAM fibreglass flange which bonds to the body and allows you to fit the RAM inner arches, I glassed the flanges in as they would have been done by RAM but discarded the fibreglass inner arches and made ally ones, these then fix to the flange on the bodywork as usual, I will put up some pics but if you want something sooner pm me an email address and I can send them to you.
    Pm sent James
    Dek

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast