Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorn

Sorn

Well as my Insurance is due and theres little hope of getting out for a month or two I'm putting the cob on SORN
    MKIII Pilgrim Sumo. 3.5 Litre Rover V8 Towing an Eriba Puck Caravan

Ideal shopping car for your essentials

Done the same here.
    Kept thee insurance renewed (who knows what miht happen, even in a garage), but SORN-ed for better times ahead.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by dgosumo View Post
    Ideal shopping car for your essentials
    We live in the countryside, about 5 miles from the nearest supermarket, so shopping it is !

Brian.

Got to fit a new windscreen on mine before I can do that

Yep, I agree, shopping it is. Might as well go in a proper car and I have a decent run to the nearest supermarkets too. Hopefully they are getting a bit quieter. The panic buyers must be running low on space by now. All that toilet roll, pasta and flour will take up a lot of space! Goodness knows what they are doing with it all - are the three connected??? I would have thought the opposite!
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

SORNd too ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Well as my Insurance is due and theres little hope of getting out for a month or two I'm putting the cob on SORN
    I usually un-sorn the cobra in April, as the weather is usually ok, but don’t know if it’s worth it as there are only so many times I can claim I am going shopping officer, and besides our local food shops are only a five minute walk away, not even far enough for the needle to move on the temp gauge.

We had a caravan holiday booked for next week in Devon, and I made a big mistake and looked at the forecast for next week in Devon, sodding glorious all week
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Very frustrating for me. I don’t want to SORN the car even though it’s off the road. It’s in my brothers double garage and needs a mere half days work to get her mobile as she is still taxed, MOT’d and insured.
    We have also just moved house just over a week ago, (we got that in just in time) and I’m desperate to get her back to where she belongs, in my garage so that I can finish her off for Le Mans in September.
    But I can’t realistically go to my brothers house during this lock down period to work on her.
    Annoying to say the least.

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Register as a volunteer and use it to make deliveries 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast