When is a Newbie not a Newbie ?

The answer is when you revisit the forum not having visited for at least ten years or so...…………………….
    Hi,
    My name is Ted and i live in Northenden in South Manchester. I have a Pilgrim Sumo which i completed in 2001. It has a V8 Rover engine and Jag LSD running gear etc.
    It has covered a grand total of 1700 miles in nearly 20 years which i a great testament to the weather in these parts. My reason for the re-visit is i would love to really understand the best set-up for the coolant system and learn from other people who have similar set ups etc.
    Do you all still meet at the Windmill near Huddersfield when we are all allowed to...………………….???

Many thanks,

Ted

Hi Ted,
    I have a similar set up on my srv8 as yours, less the l s d .
    The cooling system that I am using is fairly standard in my opinion,
    the radiator that I use is a standard two core S d 1 type with a twin fans from an early aircon Mondeo with the cowling.
    Others will give you plenty of other idea's like using a three core rad etc etc .
    The engine that I am running is a 3.9 rv8 and has never overheated in the twenty five of so years .
    I only use the car for normal road use .
    This may give you a start ,
    regards,
    Chris.

Welcome back - from another Sumo owner, I can't directly answer your question as I have a different engine setup

Photos and details of your problem would be useful, which rad do you have for example

There's an art to bleeding the Rv8, assume you're familiar with that after just a few years ownership?

Seem to remember there’s something iffy about the recommended/standard pilgrim rv8 plumbing set up in the mk3’s - can’t remember what the fix is? Adding some sort of restrictor in the system to make sure it flows the right way?

Only other thing is to make sure you’ve a phenolic spacer between carb and intake as they can suffer from boiling fuel/hot start problems.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB74 View Post
    Seem to remember there’s something iffy about the recommended/standard pilgrim rv8 plumbing set up in the mk3’s - can’t remember what the fix is? Adding some sort of restrictor in the system to make sure it flows the right way?

Only other thing is to make sure you’ve a phenolic spacer between carb and intake as they can suffer from boiling fuel/hot start problems.

The restrict-or was internal hose reduced to 3mm in the return to top of the header/expansion tank.

Hi Ted,

Welcome back

Can't help with problem, but regarding Huddersfield meet, we (i.e. Northern lot) meet at the Old Mill , Wakefield Rd, Brighouse HD6 4HA on the 2nd Sunday of the month

Stephen Hughes is the Area rep - think he's on here - but there is a facebook group
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1421756951449572/ where outings and stuff are put, after lock down is done

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexB74 View Post

This may be useful:

http://how-to-build-a-pilgrim-sumo.w...ngine-plumbing
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.