Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Did you just use the standard Lucas toggle switches? Also, The starter button looks as though it's designed to accompany the toggle switches. Is it also from Lucas?

Thanks,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    Did you just use the standard Lucas toggle switches? Also, The starter button looks as though it's designed to accompany the toggle switches. Is it also from Lucas?

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hi Mark,
    Sorry, I meant to get back to you yesterday with the switch info, but my garage door paint job took longer than anticipated .

Hopefully entering the part number on the “Leyland” web site brought up the larger “Engine Start “name tab ok.

So that I don’t upset the Forum web site again, I will attach links one at a time in separate posts.

All the Toggle switches ,except the "Hazard Light" switch are SPST and are good quality , came from “Holden Vintage and Classic” https://www.holden.co.uk/p/toggle_sw...er_2_terminals and are not the genuine Lucas switches, but are “Lucas style” switches which were the only ones I could find that fitted the name tabs and had a long enough thread to reach through the leather, foam and fibre glass dash in order to get the back nut fitted.

See next post for “Hazard” light switch info.

Pauls
    Last edited by psh; 25-07-20 at 11:33 AM.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Thanks,
    Mark
    I needed a DPST toggle switch for the hazard lights, due to the hazard light wiring circuit in my AK ,but unfortunately Holden were out of stock ,so I managed to find an alternative from ALM Electrical Solutions, https://www.almsolutions.co.uk/index...roducts_id=415 which also had the long reach thread and luckily accepted the Lucas style chrome bezel.
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Thanks,
    Mark
    I got the large push button engine start switch ,which is not a genuine Lucas switch from “Vehicle Wiring Products “ https://www.vehiclewiringproducts.co...r-switch-black ,and is a good quality chromed metal switch with screw terminals ,which perfectly fitted the hole in the dash left by the original Apem starter switch.

Although all these new switches are capable of decent current handling , all these toggle switches are wired in conjunction with relays .

HTH

Paul
    Paul.

Thank you for the links and info. I'll get them ordered in anticipation of the car getting through IVA (when i finally get a date from VOSA). i've currently got the standard rocker switches that Dax supplied years ago so i might need to have to think of something ingenious to convert from the rectangular switch holes in the dash to the round ones needed for the toggle switches.

Cheers,
    Mark

Thank you for the links and info. I'll get them ordered in anticipation of the car getting through IVA (when i finally get a date from VOSA). i've currently got the standard rocker switches that Dax supplied years ago so i might need to have to think of something ingenious to convert from the rectangular switch holes in the dash to the round ones needed for the toggle switches.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Mark, Aaron, the dash is now back in the car, so i have attached a few more photos just to give a better idea of the overall finished look.

Paul.

Looks brilliant Paul - as does all the other work Vince has done to your car Really love the round switch bezels - actually rather like your chocolate brown interior, too!
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Yes, that's a gorgeous piece of work, as you know I am going for a very original look but I can appreciate what has gone into this and its been done with taste unlike many you see. Nice job.

It does look really nice, but yet something about it didn't quite look right.... so I fixed it. Now, it's perfect!

John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    It does look really nice, but yet something about it didn't quite look right.... so I fixed it. Now, it's perfect!

Ha, Ha, that’s a neat trick, and would come in handy if and when I take it abroad.
    Paul.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast