Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Now a month since the centres apparently opened.....has anyone heard a thing yet?!?!?!?!?!
    AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

Absolutely nothing. The guidance that the DVSA contacting me rather than being able to pester them is making it even more difficult to chase them as well. The people at the end of the 0300 number don't have any way of contacting those scheduling the tests so there's little value in pestering them.

Hi,

Got my first customer built test date through last week, he did have his date cancelled when lockdown hit. Date is in 5 weeks time.
    Have been told cancelled tests will be first and customers will be contacted. Test times have been increased from 4 to 5 hours so getting slots are harder.

Jon

AK Sportscars

Mine is a re-test following the original re-test being cancelled due to COVID so hopefully I'll get a phone call soon.

I had a test cancelled in February due to equipment failure, second date was issued but then cancelled due to lockdown so I’m nearly 6 months overdue.

Still waiting for a phone call.

Woohoo. I'm booked in at Oldham on the 14th Aug.

It appears there's a step in the process they didn't mention previously. As soon as your PT1 form has been accepted. You need to send an email to ivaappointments.co.uk. Stating that your PT1 has been approved and you need to request a test date. You also need to include a copy of your PT1, TAS ref and the VIN code. You also need to state where your preference is for the Test centre.
    Apparently there are some issues in getting Derby up and running again (don't know the details) but Nottingham and Oldham are OK.

Cheers,
    Mark

mark the email you quote is a web address, do you have the email address you sent to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    Woohoo. I'm booked in at Oldham on the 14th Aug.

It appears there's a step in the process they didn't mention previously. As soon as your PT1 form has been accepted. You need to send an email to ivaappointments.co.uk. Stating that your PT1 has been approved and you need to request a test date. You also need to include a copy of your PT1, TAS ref and the VIN code. You also need to state where your preference is for the Test centre.
    Apparently there are some issues in getting Derby up and running again (don't know the details) but Nottingham and Oldham are OK.

Cheers,
    Mark
    AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

ahh. good point. Obviously too excited at getting a booking!
    the email is
    ivaapointments@dvsa.gov.uk

I phoned the 0300 number to find out what was going on and it was them who advised the email address (in case I've got the dvsa.gov.uk part wrong). After i spoke to the 0300 helpful person and noted the email address, i was phoned back by a very helpful lady who booked me in. I could have had an earlier date at Nottingham if i didnt already have prior plans. In fact, i could have had tomorrow! They are obviously making efforts to catch up on the backlog.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    ahh. good point. Obviously too excited at getting a booking!
    the email is
    ivaapointments@dvsa.gov.uk

I phoned the 0300 number to find out what was going on and it was them who advised the email address (in case I've got the dvsa.gov.uk part wrong). After i spoke to the 0300 helpful person and noted the email address, i was phoned back by a very helpful lady who booked me in. I could have had an earlier date at Nottingham if i didnt already have prior plans. In fact, i could have had tomorrow! They are obviously making efforts to catch up on the backlog.

Cheers,
    Mark
    can you double check the email address please Mark. I just shared your information with a mate who is waiting for a test date and the email address was rejected
    Classic Replica Viper currently in build

I'll have a look when i get to my work computer on Monday. I was quite surprised at how quickly they phoned me back when i explained (via the 0300 number) that i had been waiting for a month and was advised they would contact myself via phone. It was arranged in a matter of minutes. That might be the quickest way of getting an appointment.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast