Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Covid - IVA opening

Has anyone had any news on when the test centres are to open....if they haven't already. Gillingham will be my local one!
    AK Cobra started 06/19
    Chevy 383 Stroker, TKO 600
    See my build on instagram: Julesdm14

I sent a message to the DVSA a couple of days ago asking the same question but they haven't replied yet. I'll let you know if i hear anything. My centre is Derby though.

Thanks,
    Mark

I phoned the automated help line up a few days ago and they said they will start to replan the IVA test from (i think) 23rd June and give 2 weeks notice so that would make the first tests planned for 07th July. reality might be slightly different though. Mine was booked for 20th March (1 day after they closed them all) so i should be somewhere close to the top of the queue.

cheers,
    Mark

Just got it back from paint, off to trimmers on 1/07 for 4 weeks, so should dove tail in nicely.
    AK Cobra started 06/19

Mark any news? planning on sending my application off in two weeks.

regards

Jules
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    I phoned the automated help line up a few days ago and they said they will start to replan the IVA test from (i think) 23rd June and give 2 weeks notice so that would make the first tests planned for 07th July. reality might be slightly different though. Mine was booked for 20th March (1 day after they closed them all) so i should be somewhere close to the top of the queue.

cheers,
    Mark
    AK Cobra started 06/19

Quote Originally Posted by Julesdm View Post
    Mark any news? planning on sending my application off in two weeks.

regards

Jules
    I tried to call today but couldn't get through to anyone at the DVSA. The automated helpline said they would get in touch at the end of June to start rebooking cancelled tests though. My maths might not be all that great but I'm fairly certain that only leaves today and tomorrow.

I've just managed to get through to them. The DVSA don't have a firm date yet when the test centres will be re-opened. They do know though that the people who had their tests cancelled will be re-planned first (notified by email) and then new-bookings will be planned afterwards. If i was trying to book a test date, i would get the paperwork and application submitted to join the queue of people wanting a test.

I've just received an email from the DVSA advising that IVA bookings and Test Centres are now open again (or at least from the 04th July). It appears there is a new form to complete (PT1) if you had your test cancelled due to COVID-19. I'll let everyone know how i get on with the application process (any pitfalls etc).

Cheers,
    Mark

EMailed my PT1 off this morning, I like the bit about disinfecting the interior surfaces (or quarantining the car for 72 hours) before test.

Craig.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

I was curious about the option to do it virtually. Unfortunately i haven't got a lift or pit so i can't but i don't reallu know how they would test the intensity or angle of the headlights remotely.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast