Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Please don't judge...

Ok, so, big breath, here goes....

I'm interested in trying to get a tow bar fitted to my Dax. It's the standard suspension set up not CCR. Has anyone tried or looked into this or even succeeded? I know it would be a lot of custom work but I was wondering if anyone had any guidance if it were possible or even legal.

Any help gratefully appreciated, I know it's not to anyones tastes, but It would be very helpful for a number of things so thought I'd ask all you experts out there!

Thanks!
    SHELBY :- Dax, Chevy 350, Tremex, side pipes, blue + stripes, cream leather... Beautiful

I think Ken has a tow bar fitted to his Cobra - pretty sure his is not a Dax but he might be able to help. Hope you can achieve your goal.

Be careful. Unless you declared a train Weight at iva you could be in trouble if you get stopped while towing.

Fastest caravan in the country anyone?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You’re going to have to make something custom anyway. Why not build it as a detachable towbar. Best of both worlds?

I have no idea where you would mount the attach points. There is little space between the fuel tank and road for anything to be attached to the rear the axle assembly and routed under the tank.
    There may be enough space (but not much) between the rear of the fuel tank and the back of the car. But you would have to weld in some kind of member between the rear arms of the chassis to be able to mount the tow hook.
    By doing this though you may lose the ability to fit your over riders and rear nudge bar.

My 2ds worth.

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

The problem is that on a Dax the fuel tank is right where you would want to put the metalwork.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

In the Netherlands, Bob Swift, already has done this.

Thanks all. Looks like I'm going to have to investigate the train weight. Is it on the the V5? I know that the fuel tank is right in the 'wrong' place and there would have to be some good geometry to get something to work! There seem to be a few people who have managed it with a Sumo but any Dax owners out there managed it?

There is also some talk of having a custom bar fitted being legal due to the age (mine is 2005). Can anyone suggest any further guidance on this?

Thanks again all!
    SHELBY :- Dax, Chevy 350, Tremex, side pipes, blue + stripes, cream leather... Beautiful

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast