Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sorry ignore that, the ones I have are XJ40 press in type...

Quote Originally Posted by sunday View Post
    I have also a question about early / late front stub axles. My Dax is a 1988 so order wheel bearing kit (JLM25 and ... new bearings inner diameter are 2mm larger so i presume i've an early xj6 s1 stub axle. Question is : can i keep new bearings and simply order "new" stub axle, ie will late stub axle fit without any others modifications ?
    Thanks, have a good day.

St├ęphane.

Attachment 39563
    The Jaguar XJ6 XJ12 XJS 79-88 Front Suspension vertical support later version is different from series 1 pre 79 using the smaller diameter stub axle. They are handed so you need a RH and a LH vertical carrier.
    The back grease seal is a different size as this sits in the housing.
    John Desz

Essex & Herts Area Rep. UKCC

Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Events posted and meeting updates follow Face Book.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/170236225077355

I ve checked the late seal race have a bigger internal diameter but can i put a late stub axle into my early stub axle carrier ?

Yes, that what I was saying all else is compatible as far as i know

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    Yes, that what I was saying all else is compatible as far as i know

I asked again as i've understand the opposite from the answer of jon1d (perhaps i've missunderstand, i'am french so ...) and i've found here (https://parts.jaguarriverside.com/v-...ension--wheels) that vertical support ie stub axle carrier has different part numbers between early and late versions. As my stub axle are wear i need to order new one's but don't want to order twice. I was hopping that someone has already done the conversion to confirm or not ?
    Thanks.
    St├ęphane.

AFAIK the larger diameter stub axle was interchangeable at least with many uprights, check with someone like Ward engineering.

To share info, i've asked jagshop (no response from Ward eng.) which tell me it's not interchangeable : "The later stub axel will not fit in your early carrier.You would need to fit C27787".

Some news : i've ordered early stub axle, new timken bearings and made a custom reinforcing kit as illustrated in attached picture. Hope it will be a good and robust config.
    CustomReinforcing.jpg

Those reinforcement bearings look spot on. If you can get your end float plus minus 1 -3 using shims if needed when tightened . I cannot recall the final torque setting but using the reinforcement you will stop any inner bearing roll. Great job well.worth the time and effort.

Happy you appreciate. For managing end float i made custom washer adjusted with magnetic grinding machine to obtain a near 0 end float. I do that as i cant buy din988 washers in small qty in France.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast