Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good to know David
    Yes the Classic is still 'go' for 30 July to 1 Aug 2021. Just to confirm that to benefit from the club car display tickets discount code you have to be a member of our Cobra Replica Club UK (aka the UK Cobra Club). As forum members on here do not have to be paid up club members then I don't publish the code on this forum. I can also email the code to members if they request it via contacting me at magazine@ukcobraclub.co.uk. Silverstone are very picky that cars on display must be from recognised car clubs.
    Looking forward to this finally going ahead this year, fingers crossed.

Graham
    Last edited by BomberG; 04-03-21 at 01:34 PM.
    Graham Heatrick - Dax 350SBC, Cobra Replica Club UK Magazine Editor

Just heard the Le Mans 24 hours has been moved from June to August 2021.
    Don't know about the LM Classic yet.
    Should be July but looking doubtful I would think.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

My tickets were carried forward from last year. But now it has moved again I have asked for a refund.
    With this pandemic still prominent with nothing promised or guaranteed, and also some European countries acting a little childish with the UK, I thought it prudent to leave Le Mans for a couple of years to let things settle down.
    The last thing I want are possible problems due to the car being a possible target for the French Police.

So this year I have Silverstone Classic and Goodwood Revival to look forward to.
    Will the club be taking part in the parade lap around the track? When I booked I was told this was a possibility.
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Not heard anything about Club parade laps myself.
    We certainly did it a few years back.
    But that was Cobra's 50th.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

that was awesome that Kev for the 50th - i've not seen any videos from it which is a shame, with over 100 cobras on the track at once especially down past the pit lane area - i heard that the race crews all came running over to watch as the sound of all those cobras going past for 15mins was like Thunder
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    that was awesome that Kev for the 50th - i've not seen any videos from it which is a shame, with over 100 cobras on the track at once especially down past the pit lane area - i heard that the race crews all came running over to watch as the sound of all those cobras going past for 15mins was like Thunder
    The thought of the race crews doing that made me smile.
    Any video links would be great, eh!
    Nuf Said

PS found this on Y’tube
    https://youtu.be/oNHt-SerAHg
    Last edited by nuf_said; 05-03-21 at 10:20 AM.

That probably means 2022 the club will be 60 so maybe another lap or two possibility?
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

I would, as I am sure many of us would really relish the chance of parading our cars around one of the worlds leading race tracks. Some of us for the second time perhaps? (Would be my first if it were to happen)
    Is this a possibility? I’m sure I read it’s open to various clubs subject to prior arrangement?
    David.

Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting................till I fix it!

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by nealgs View Post
    I was there and got some video of it somewhere. I remember hanging back on the Hanger Straight to give it a squirt. David (Firestarter) was in front of me. There was a bit of lock up by someone in front who was a bit over enthusiastic! A great experience and can see no reason why the Club would not be eligible to celebrate its 60th.
    Dek

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123