Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great for a laugh! But not much else.Best comment

Caught a program over the weekend called Vintage Voltage, about taking older cars and converting to electric.

Anybody else catch it?

Had an interest in this as I’ve toyed with the idea of building an EV for a while, the one benefit of watching this program is I’ve now shelved that idea at least for the next 10 years. The technology is simply not there, particularly bearing in mind that although the program did contain more than its fair share of bovine excrement it was trying to give a positive slant on EVs.

Best comment for me was “Although the batteries are heavy they don’t get any heavier as they are charged unlike the weight of fuel being added to a petrol car”. Er, yes but then they don’t get any lighter as they discharge unlike the fuel burnt of in a petrol car.

Worth a watch if you want a laugh.

Yes watched it too.....I think they were explaining things for an audience of five year olds......rarely have I felt so patronised.
    I hate the American style of presenting as well, I’m sure these guys can interact with each other in a less “staged” way, it’s quite pathetic. The production company need their arses kicked.

simon
    Last edited by simon; 28-06-20 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Sp
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

I also thought the clown measuring the gearbox attachment pattern was hilarious. “The machine has backlash so you have to creep it on it”, maybe it does but your digital readout is linked directly to your table so that’s not an issue.

In the news at the moment - AC Cars are producing a limited run of electric cobra's - only £138K!

https://www.accars.eu/models/ac-cobr...es-1-electric/

https://uk.motor1.com/news/431822/ac...lectric-model/

Still appears to have an exhaust pipe though judging by the pictures.

I was hoping it was going to be more technical. The drive out session in the last 15 mins on setting up was all over the place with no real explanation what they did for the setting up. Disappointing. I hope it gets better.

The new program on Discovery Channel 9:00 P.M
    SHELBY'S SECRET PROJECT

G.A.S. Extreme Customs - Season 1
    Beau Boeckmann and the Galpin Crew resurrect a Pantera hot-rodded by Carroll Shelby for a secret project. A famous client picks up his restored '68 Charger.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    Still appears to have an exhaust pipe though judging by the pictures.
    No pictues under the bonnet, or the revised dashboard, makes me think its a stock car for promotional purposes.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    No pictues under the bonnet, or the revised dashboard, makes me think its a stock car for promotional purposes.

Just like the old days eh?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    I was hoping it was going to be more technical. The drive out session in the last 15 mins on setting up was all over the place with no real explanation what they did for the setting up. Disappointing. I hope it gets better.

The new program on Discovery Channel 9:00 P.M
    SHELBY'S SECRET PROJECT

G.A.S. Extreme Customs - Season 1
    Beau Boeckmann and the Galpin Crew resurrect a Pantera hot-rodded by Carroll Shelby for a secret project. A famous client picks up his restored '68 Charger.
    OK watched the conversion of the Fiat last night. Fell asleep before the end....but the owner was handing over £17k for the conversion....and they kept the gearbox....and they were only planning on a range of 50 miles. Did I get that right??
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    OK watched the conversion of the Fiat last night. Fell asleep before the end....but the owner was handing over £17k for the conversion....and they kept the gearbox....and they were only planning on a range of 50 miles. Did I get that right??
    I also fell asleep watching this b.s .
    As for something with a little more range you could double that with a Ford Focus and it would only take about twelve
    hours for a 300 hundred mile journey to somewhere like Cornwall, I guess that's progress .
    Mind you according to one of my biker uncles he claimed it only took him just under four hours on a Vincent Black Shadow
    to go from Southend to the Cornish boarders back in the day .
    No speed limits back then .
    Chris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast