Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just saying Hi

Just saying Hi

I am newbie here, based in Haywards Heath, West Sussex.

I took on an unfinished project, Pilgrim Sumo 3 with tuned 5.5 small block Chevy engine.

Nearly ready for dreaded IVA so obviously can't fit certain things until it's passed, been doing a lot of work on it over past 6 months of ownership, much of it improving what had already been done then fitting windscreen and chrome work.

Anyway will post some photos soon and as I'm on a learning curve with this project will obviously seek advice from you guys who have been there and done it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome. Are those overriders on the right way up?

Welcome to the mad house 'Turbo Freak'.

The bumperettes do look to be upside down which might mean the chrome oval is also upside down.

If you haven't passed the IVA yet, that bonnet badge will have to come off as the car will fail on a non compliant external radius.

Post some more pictures so we can help you resolve any easy fix issues.
    Crendon No 46 - Southern Automotive 452 cu in BBF & Tremec TKO - Starting with 510Bhp and we'll take it from there.

Welcome.

5.5 litre? Unusual displacement for a Chevy.
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    Welcome.

5.5 litre? Unusual displacement for a Chevy.
    Was thinking that too. 327ci stroked/ bored?

Welcome and good luck at IVA.

305ci stroker kit...interesting:

https://www.enginekits.com/chevy-305...early-2pc.html

(or typo?...)

I will look into this, the engine was tuned and fitted into a Ford Capri for about 10,000 miles then put into the Cobra.

I understood it had been bored out and different cams fitted, guess I need to try to get in touch with the Capri owner who built it then sold it on... but that might be difficult.

I have loads of paperwork and know there is an engine certificate confirming it's pre 70s so should only require visual emissions test... at least that's what I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by skinnymathew View Post
    Welcome. Are those overriders on the right way up?
    Now you've pointed it out ... oh well another job

Welcome, I also recently joined (see the other Newbie thread), also from West Sussex (Worthing). Definitely seems to be a few of us around these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    I will look into this, the engine was tuned and fitted into a Ford Capri for about 10,000 miles then put into the Cobra.

I understood it had been bored out and different cams fitted, guess I need to try to get in touch with the Capri owner who built it then sold it on... but that might be difficult.

I have loads of paperwork and know there is an engine certificate confirming it's pre 70s so should only require visual emissions test... at least that's what I've been told.
    Have a nosey down the back of the engine, just behind the distributor there should be a casting number on the block. Usually 6 or 7 digits. Compare to this page. It should give you an idea of what you have as a starting point. The majority of performance small block chevy builds would start with a 350ci/5.7 litre block.

https://nastyz28.com/sbchevy/sblock.html
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast