Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboFreak View Post
    Update, new Edelbrock water pump about 30% more efficient, still had cooling problem.

Took out the twin fans and fitted Spal uprated version complete in cowling pulling about 2800 cfm, problem solved, the fans fitted by previous owner were simply not up to the job of pulling the air through the wide core alloy radiator.

I have set fans to come on at 180f, standing on hot day it cools to 160f and fans turn off, slowly back to 180f and fans kick in... no cooling problems any more, I will probably set the fans to come in at 200f now I know problem is solved.

I have spent about £600 and a weeks work sorting this problem but a over heating engine is no fun if you want to enjoy the driving experience, hope this helps you get yours sorted.
    Thanks for the update. I have had my suspicions it might be the fans as when driving at normal speeds it kept cool at a rock solid 85C.

I will try changing my twin fans.
    It just does....

I would be grateful if you could supply a link or name to supplier of fan and cowling. Thanks.
    It just does....

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    You would of thought twin fans would be fine. I know when I went to a 16" fan and cowling the cooling was transformed and never have those moments of worry sitting in traffic. I have sat in hours of traffic in mid 30's in France no problems. The water system and rad takes 3 1/2 gallons so lots of water in the tank as they say. lol

You see these twin fans advertised with no make. They must have poor performance and the blades not set correct. My 16 " fan almost blows the bonnet open and I have not got it set to come on the second speed !I left the wiring there just incase.
    I think the cheap twin fans (as found on Fleebay) are a waste of money, they may work on smaller rads but if you have fitted alloy wide core performance radiator to help cooling many forget you need fans with extra cfm to pull the air through the wider core for your shiny new performance radiator to work to it's full potential.
    Last edited by TurboFreak; 05-08-20 at 10:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12