Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dashboard speakers

Final one from me. Please don’t judge me I have my reasons. I want to put some small speakers in the dash - on the right behind steering wheel and on the opposite side (left in front of passenger). I don’t have my car back so I was wondering if someone would mind measuring what size I can get on their - circumference and depth (do I foul anything, I just can’t remember what’s behind the dash in those areas?) . Ideally trying to get 4”

Hi,
    No idea about the speakers and Dashboard for a Pilgrim but have a look at these. I've just bought one for my Dax.

https://www.retrocarstuff.com/shop/c...dab-san-diego/

They are almost identical to period style car radios but have DAB and Bluetooth.

I'm hiding my speakers in the foot wells and am going to point the Tweeters towards the the cabin.

Thanks speakers in foot wells and tweeters. Any pictures I can’t picture it in my head

Small correction. I'm planning on putting my speakers in the footwells!

On the DAX, in front of the door hinge, there is a recess that is big enough for some speakers. I've got some Alpine component speakers (Woofer and Tweeter are separate). THe Woofer will be at shin level facing towards your knees when sat in the car. The Tweeter will be just below Dash level. It's got a housing that allows it to be rotated (ball joint) so i can direct the sound to head level.

Will you be able to hear anything with a big V8 rumbling away?

I would be surprised if i can hear it over the noise of the fuel pump never mind the V8.

If you want music, suggest you spend your money on an intercom (ideally noise cancelling) headset where you can plug your phone in.
    No dashboard surgery needed, no heresies committed, cheaper and better sound reproduction.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Agreed. Don't waste your time. These are great - you can still hear your surroundings and drive safely. Check them out. https://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/g...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by KevinW View Post
    If you want music, suggest you spend your money on an intercom (ideally noise cancelling) headset where you can plug your phone in.
    No dashboard surgery needed, no heresies committed, cheaper and better sound reproduction.
    DAX Cobra. May contain nuts. Always read the label.

Many years ago I used to fit systems in cars, last Audi estate had 4 TV’s Xbox and big speakers/ beautiful sounds! I kept back a 1500 watt system of bits I know are good thinking the same putting it in the cob, base mids and tweeters with amps but just for curiosity I took 2 Bose speakers that Bluetooth to my phone, full volume on all, good up to 30 mph the awful you could not hear it, when you stop at the lights you turn it down so you don’t look like a Halfords muppet....j then tried it with AirPods and again after 30 mph - shite.

Also partly for my little one who will tire of the noise and need some ear protection so have. Motor used screen and Bluetooth headphones for him

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast