Edelbrock Max-Fire 22755 electronic ignition

Hi all,
    I'm running a 302 ford windsor with a dual point accel distributor which I think is giving me problems with my timing. After having a cheap electronic distributor which failed very quickly, I reverted back to my dual point Accel distributor. This seemed okay at first but now it's only pulling 14" vacuum on tick over and the spindle doesn't seem to spring back after revving. I could check out the springs etc. but basically I can't be bothered wasting time when I think I'd rather have electronic.
    I'd like to keep a standard looking coil and was thinking about getting an Edelbrock Max-Fire 22755. Has anyone else used this and could recommend it? I don't want to spend £400 on a dizzy and another £400 on a coil (MSD).
    Thanks in advance

James
    James G
    Purple Dax / Ford 260/4 speed toploader all in need of TLC and cash but the dreams are there. Dream on - car now blue, Ford 302 and Tremec T5, 4 years later....

Hi James,
    I can't help with that Edelbrock part, but I do have a MSD 8598 billet distributor that is surplus to requirements. it has never been fitted, I brought it from Summit Racing in 2018 but then decided to go with a Edelbrock pro-flow 4 EFI which comes with it own dizzy. Open to sensible offers

Regards
    Russell

Hi Russell,
    I don't want to go with having an ignition control box as I'd like to keep the coil and looking period. The MSD 8598 also has a steel drive gear for a roller cam and it would eat my iron cam!
    Cheers
    James
    James G
    Purple Dax / Ford 260/4 speed toploader all in need of TLC and cash but the dreams are there. Dream on - car now blue, Ford 302 and Tremec T5, 4 years later....

Go Pertronix Ignitor 2 pickup and blaster coil. Run mine for about 8 years now. No points to worry about and setting up is very easy. Lots of videos on wiring and install on youtube. Double check the part . I ordered from a U.K. supplier at the time.

I see prices have gone up a lot and with poor exchange .

I did come across this which looks like a bargain for £30 inc Vat !

http://blog.simonbbc.com/2019/04/24/...764.1595263573

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Powerspar...4383.l4275.c10

And a high output coil
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Cheers Jon(?)
    Looks like it's gone up to £45! I think I'll bite the bullet and order an edelbrock from Summit racing. It looks like all the UK suppliers are out of stock..

James
    James G

I used to run the pertronix system when I had a distributor and know of several others as well and have never heard of anyone having any problems with it. It would certainly get my vote.
    Martin

351W 416.7 HP and 466.8 ft-lbs

Running Mega Squirt and Edis 8

I have a hybrid Mallory dual point / Accel billet dizzy which I'm going to run with a Sparkrite SX 4000 ignition box.
    This should take the load off the points.
    Only doing this because there isn't an electronic conversion kit for this dizzy.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible FOR SALE
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring

I'm running an Accel electronic dizzy. It did have an ignition box supplied from Mike Huddart with the engine.

Either the box was faulty or he gave me the wrong wiring diagram to use, but it was a bitch to start, and would never start when hot.
    I then disconnected the ignition box and the engine transformed itself. Same happened with another guy who had a Huddart engine.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.