Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    The Pole Position places are free so I bought one for each day for nothing. I guess we can buy entry tickets on whichever day but if there is a specific day we want to go for let’s agree and buy advanced. I am happy with either or both. Chris
    I am also going to book pole position for either day,after all this is England

My initial plan was to wait until nearer the time and pick the best day, but my daughter was given her "A" level grades this morning , and has been accepted by Kent University,which was her second choice,which is great news. However Kent is a fair way from Rugby and has a different start date to her first Choice of Uni , which now clashes with our planned Devon holiday in a static caravan ,which is now the week before she starts at Kent Uni, so we might have to take her down to Kent on the same weekend as this P and P show.

So, you guys go ahead and i will see how things go ,as to whether i can join you

Chris ,

as you have not been before, just join the long queue of cars , show ground on the left. Dont turn right into the public parking , the turning you want is after on the left ,and once you turn into the show ground ,the parking staff will check your pole parking pass, and tell you where to park . Their is usually two rows of cars entering the ground ,so try and all go in together ,so you can all park together .

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Great, thanks for the info. Let’s speak nearer the time and see how things look weather wise. It will be good to get to a show at last!!!.

I’m watching with interest. Only fly in the ointment is Covid cases were rising here in Northampton and there was talk of a local lockdown. Now 300 positive cases have arisen at Greencore, a food plant who supply M&S so a local lockdown does looks more likely
    Dek

Hi Guys
    Looks like this is still on (well that's what their email to me said!!) unless you know differently?? The website is also positive. Are you going? If so which day? I have another Cobra owner interested too
    Chris
    Dax with 1964 Dual Quad 427 and Toploader box

I'm thinking of popping along on Saturday (booked my Pole position - had to fib about the age of the car mind you). The following day I'm going to The Classic Car Drive In at the Bicester heritage site (which no one seems to be talking about so might be a disaster) http://theclassiccarshowuk.com/
    Might wee you at one of these.
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by early_911 View Post
    I'm thinking of popping along on Saturday (booked my Pole position - had to fib about the age of the car mind you). The following day I'm going to The Classic Car Drive In at the Bicester heritage site (which no one seems to be talking about so might be a disaster) http://theclassiccarshowuk.com/
    Might wee you at one of these.
    Phil
    Saturday is looking best weather, so will do the same. Might see you in Pole Position! Will PM you my phone number

A great day at Sywell today. Met Chris P and David Firestarter and convoyed in and parked together. Whilst we were queuing to get in another Cobra was in front, Phil from Norfolk. So 4 Cobs almost together and another GD in the row in front. Anyone know the GD owner? We think we’ve seen it before at one of the East Mids meet but didn’t bump into the owner. Also another black one (? Crendon) with a riveted bonnet scoop parked further away. 6 in total.
    I have got some photos but my previous method of uploading doesn’t seem to work now. Manage attachments. Add files which are seen as thumbnails in the home folder. Select the ones you want and insert on line. Now can’t get them to appear as thumbnails and asking to drag and drop once they are downloaded which doesn’t work for existing thumbnails! Gggrrr! If anyone can suggest an easy way WITHOUT using a third party hosting site please tell.
    Dek

Great day Dek, enjoyed your company. We had a good run home and a bit of fun too! I reckon I got 14 to the gallon! My tuning must be improving!! See you at whatever next.......

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Great day Dek, enjoyed your company. We had a good run home and a bit of fun too! I reckon I got 14 to the gallon! My tuning must be improving!! See you at whatever next.......
    Likewise Chris. Nice to have a laugh with likeminded company. Glad you got home ok and doing your bit for the environment Look forward to seeing you again.
    Dek

I could have sworn this was next weekend! Damn.. although I'm on-call for work and it's been a busy weekend.. he says, still working, with a 1am call scheduled.
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast