Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,789

    Sywell Pistons and Props

    Quite surprised to get an email saying 58 days to go before the show on September 19th/20th as most other shows have been cancelled. Can’t see any mention of Covid so don’t know if the promoters are hoping to secure some advance ticket sales if there’s some relaxation. If it’s on I’ll pop along and pay on the gate. From what I’ve experienced at my local supermarket today where social distancing seems a distant dream it’s got to be a lot safer than that!
    http://www.sywellclassic.co.uk/?
    Dek

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northampton
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,300
    There was a recent open-air show localish; they were allowed to run based on pre-sold tickets only - so intending to turn up and pay on the gate might well not be an option!

    Of course, who knows what the situation will be in September. This could all be a distant memory or we could all be dead, depending on who you listen to
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rugby,West Midlands.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Quite surprised to get an email saying 58 days to go before the show on September 19th/20th as most other shows have been cancelled. Can’t see any mention of Covid so don’t know if the promoters are hoping to secure some advance ticket sales if there’s some relaxation. If it’s on I’ll pop along and pay on the gate. From what I’ve experienced at my local supermarket today where social distancing seems a distant dream it’s got to be a lot safer than that!
    http://www.sywellclassic.co.uk/?
    Dek
    This is a damn good show ,so as you say Dek , if it is on, i will check before hand and see if we can pay on the gate and perhaps meet up on route like year.

    Paul
    Paul.

    AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

    " We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Northampton
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,300
    I bet the organisers read the news from the council this week and sighed.. which has now hit the press (I use the term loosely, it's the Express): https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ster-blackburn

    Hopefully (another) distant memory by September
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    I bet the organisers read the news from the council this week and sighed.. which has now hit the press (I use the term loosely, it's the Express): https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...ster-blackburn

    Hopefully (another) distant memory by September
    Aaron, there’s no Covid in Northampton now is there? Judging by the actions of people I see here there can’t be! I think you’re probably right it will be tickets in advance to control numbers. Due to the Covidiots here we’ll probably be in lock down
    Dek

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rugby,West Midlands.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Quite surprised to get an email saying 58 days to go before the show on September 19th/20th as most other shows have been cancelled. Can’t see any mention of Covid so don’t know if the promoters are hoping to secure some advance ticket sales if there’s some relaxation. If it’s on I’ll pop along and pay on the gate. From what I’ve experienced at my local supermarket today where social distancing seems a distant dream it’s got to be a lot safer than that!
    http://www.sywellclassic.co.uk/?
    Dek
    Hi Dek,

    according to an email i just received from "Info Live Promotions" this event is still going ahead,so maybe,just maybe ,we might get to do one car event this year ( touch wood ) .

    Vince said that if he was free , he would join us on route in his SRC , so that would be 3 cobs at least ,and would be great if others joined us too.

    Paul
    Paul.

    AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

    " We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Shipston-On-Stour
    Posts
    256
    I’m up for it. I am about an hour south west of the venue. I have just booked my ‘Pole Position Parking’!
    Not been to this one before, what’s the form with a Cobra?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by psh View Post
    Hi Dek,

    according to an email i just received from "Info Live Promotions" this event is still going ahead,so maybe,just maybe ,we might get to do one car event this year ( touch wood ) .

    Vince said that if he was free , he would join us on route in his SRC , so that would be 3 cobs at least ,and would be great if others joined us too.

    Paul
    Hi Paul I’m assuming your thinking Pole Position parking? Which day? Advance tickets are £18 and there are on the gate tickets it seems for £22. I’m undecided what to go for as the rising Covid rate in Northampton might have an influence as might the weather!
    Dek

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Shipston-On-Stour
    Posts
    256
    The Pole Position places are free so I bought one for each day for nothing. I guess we can buy entry tickets on whichever day but if there is a specific day we want to go for let’s agree and buy advanced. I am happy with either or both. Chris

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Rugby,West Midlands.
    Age
    61
    Posts
    685
    Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Hi Paul I’m assuming your thinking Pole Position parking? Which day? Advance tickets are £18 and there are on the gate tickets it seems for £22. I’m undecided what to go for as the rising Covid rate in Northampton might have an influence as might the weather!
    Dek
    Hi Dek, yes i was and I was planning on doing the same as Chris , as the Pole parking area is huge ,so its not like you are depriving other people of places.

    Paul
    Paul.

    AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

    " We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •