Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For Sale: 2006 Dax 427 De Dion

Having just purchased a new toy (an immaculate 2003 BMW Z4 3.0i with just 4k miles on the clock), I've taken the difficult decision to sell my Dax 427 De Dion, which I've owned from new.

Full details of the car are contained within this PDF document:

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5fcp...For%20Sale.pdf

You can see high resolution photos of the car in my Google Photo Gallery:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mtKxCs4QcrSivdNa7

As I now need free up the space in my single garage, I've priced it at £32,750 for a quick sale. The car is located in Didcot, Oxfordshire.

I'll be posting classified ads on PistonHeads and Car & Classic at the weekend, so this is a chance for someone on this forum to grab a bargain before I change my mind!

If interested, please either send me a PM or give me a call (my phone numbers are in the PDF file).
    Alan

CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - FOR SALE www.cobraclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62683

Someone is going to be very happy indeed with that.

.... end of an era Alan.
    Good luck!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Thanks guys.

The end of an era indeed - 13 years of owning and driving this car have resulted in my meeting lots of great people and making many friends across Europe and the UK. I just wish I had garage space to enable me to hang onto the Cobra a little longer.

However, for me the greatest revalation of the Covid-19 lockdown was how important family and friends are. My son has always loved sportscars, but unfortunately was never that keen on the Cobra. However, he loves the Z4, and it only cost me an extra £2 (!) to add him to the insurance - so I'm looking forward to us doing future tours and track days together.

I'll continue to run the European Cobra Club forum and to assist with the ECMs, and am planning to attend the 2021 event in Austria as a guest - so I won't be divorcing myself from the Cobra scene just yet...
    Alan

Alan

Best of luck with both the sale and the new Beamer. Thank you for your advice with my build all that time ago - these things add up. Lovely looking Dax.

Cheers, Tris

Good luck with the sale Alan, cracking car well fettled, someone will be getting a steal!

Regards

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Pleased you are not divorcing yourself from the ECM Alan. The work that you have done in the past and I am sure in the future is superb
    Cheers
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by conrod View Post
    Thanks guys.

The end of an era indeed - 13 years of owning and driving this car have resulted in my meeting lots of great people and making many friends across Europe and the UK. I just wish I had garage space to enable me to hang onto the Cobra a little longer.

However, for me the greatest revalation of the Covid-19 lockdown was how important family and friends are. My son has always loved sportscars, but unfortunately was never that keen on the Cobra. However, he loves the Z4, and it only cost me an extra £2 (!) to add him to the insurance - so I'm looking forward to us doing future tours and track days together.

I'll continue to run the European Cobra Club forum and to assist with the ECMs, and am planning to attend the 2021 event in Austria as a guest - so I won't be divorcing myself from the Cobra scene just yet...
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Well Alan i dint think i would see the day the cobra was for sale
    just goes to show what strange times we are all in
    will the swan meet continue ?

Hi Simon.

I'm happy to stay on as Thames Valley rep until someone else volunteers to take over - and even then I'll stay in touch with you guys. I've actually written Sunday 16th August in the calendar to remind me this time!
    Alan

Funny Alan you went for a z4 i was think last year about changing the jag for a late face lift z4
    but good ones to expensive at the time
    love the jag not the £600 year road tax and with the MG i getting done for £900 year ouch
    keep in touch simon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast