Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'd like to see that, please do.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Cant for the life of me remember who sent them to me, I hope he doesn't mind me re-posting them....
    I do remember him saying it made a noticeable difference to the room in the cockpit though. I seem to remember he had fitted Hawk seat which are considerably wider than "normal" ram seats.

Simon

Thanks for that, I wonder how the join to the existing floor was done. It still looks larger than I expected, especially on the passenger side.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

I was also thinking that it had not gained that much. You can see at the back that it joins to the existing tunnel profile at the bulkhead. I might try to get under the car and see how much you could really gain but looking at those pictures the gain does not look to be worth the pain.

The top tubes are roughly 370mm (outside dimension) at the front in the region of the dash and 260mm apart at the rear near the handbrake. I have the body off mine at the moment so easier to measure!
    Cheers

Myles D-W

From memory, the chap wanted to fit the steel tube framed original style seats from Hawk. They wouldn’t go in the car with the standard tunnel but doing this allowed them to fit. I guess with a tunnel as big as the Ram, even an inch is worth having.

That's interesting, I certainly plan to fit steel tube seats as the fibreglass shell ones that were in the RAM are rubbish. But when I measured it all up I came to the conclusion that Ashley's steel tube seats would fit. I wonder if they are slightly narrower than the Hawk ones.

James, you’d be welcome to come over and look at my Hawk and measure/try the seats out. I’m only in Upminster
    Simon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast