Thread: Stuff

Stuff

Well it’s been a while since we had a proper meet. Despite my Cobra not being on the road I still made the meets of the last couple of months and wasn’t really surprised I was the only attendee, albeit in an Audi.
    Anyway the car is back up and running sporting a new interior, a new gearbox, new seats and general fettling. Covid or not, she will be used during the coming months which brings me to a couple of things.
    August meet scheduled for the second Sunday, 9th August, two weeks today. I will be there and so may be my brother in his e-type. It would be nice to see some more cars there and perhaps make a road trip to somewhere like The Red Shoot or similar in the New Forest as I know some of you come from some way, and this pub is not too far away from counties bordering with Dorset.

Dan Walsh of Tech Autos has recently relocated his premises to Poole and is a newly appointed dealer for the Factory Five Racing Cobra replicas as well as other cars within the FFR family. He gets his first cars by October this year and I would like to show our support for this new venture with FFR by hosting a meet at his premises, date and time yet to be confirmed but hopefully mid October as per his previous post.
    I am vaguely aware but with no facts that previous dealings with another company that WERE promoting FRR had a bit of a reputation which was not so good. (Please correct me if I am wrong). Dan has nothing to do with previous dealings of the Marque or the company and so a show of a few Cobras at his premises would be most welcome as well as a good meet with like minded owners and enthusiasts of our hobby. Later a trundle to a localish pub for drinks and eats perhaps? Please keep an eye on this space and let’s see if we can show some support for the reintroduction of a fine looking replica into the UK.
    A combination of other areas such as the South West, Gloucestershire, West Wiltshire, South Somerset and West Hampshire would be made very welcome although I realise that for some this would be quite a trek.

During the August meet, and also depending on how many people turn up, I would like to plan some sort of trip or excursion for the September one, weather permitting.

That’s all from me for now. Please feel free to contact me on any point here. My number is 07803456779, and I look forward to seeing some of you in a couple of weeks time.

Cheers,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

I may be in the area in the Cobra around 14th Sept so may pop to Poole and take a look.
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    I may be in the area in the Cobra around 14th Sept so may pop to Poole and take a look.
    Charlie
    Well the monthly meet is scheduled for the 13th September......
    You will be made most welcome.

Weather forecast for next Sunday looking pretty damn excellent. Hopefully there won’t be too many ignorant grockles coming from hundreds of miles away and clogging up the roads in a vain attempt to get to Bournemouth beaches that day.
    I hope to see some people at the Horton Inn, 11 o’clock ish.

Weather still looking glorious! Hoping I won’t be the only one sharing a beer with myself!

Hi Charlie your more than welcome to come visit. If you give us a call I’ll make sure the kettle is on.

Many thanks. It will be a last minute decision depending on the weather!
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true