Water temp sender

I need to screw in my water temp sender , in my chevy short block there are multiple plugged ports some on the block,water pump and head so its debatable which one to use, the thread looks like a 1/8 npt but the kit also supplied
    reducing bushes (generally all the ports are larger than 1/ so you have to use a reducing bush.
    Any idea where is the the best position.

There's usually a port on the inlet manifold just under the thermostat; that's a good one to use.

P1040001.jpg
    Last edited by mylesdw; 30-07-20 at 08:00 PM.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Quote Originally Posted by mylesdw View Post
    There's usually a port on the inlet manifold just under the thermostat; that's a good one to use.

P1040001.jpg

^^^^^Wot he said!^^^^^
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Thanks Myles
    i will check that one out, i have a feeling that on my engine setup its not there, but i will look anyway.Its surprised me as to how many different variations of 350 small blocks there are.

The variations of SBC are infinite. You have the factory ones of which there are many, and then you have the engines that are made up in peoples minds and put into the real world by mixing components to achieve a certain criteria like I did.
    I would be very surprised if you can find an engine more than more than twenty years old that has not been modified in some way. That make many of the engines that run our cars unique as opposed to standard.

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

I used one in a similar location. It depends on your inlet manifold. But I think most have one in that area..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks incey
    I have a plugged port virtually in the same place as your attached photo so i will use that one.
    Thanks