Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hello Dave
    Haven’t caught up with you this year , what with all the show cancellations and stuff.
    Hope all is well with you and your family
    CHRIS C - Maisie (DB No 46 )

I should have added that the half moons were cut from 3mm mild steel using a hole saw and then cut in half and the centre filed to fit the rod.
    When welded on alternating sides along the rod, the idea is to make the exhaust gases take an S-shaped path, rather than straight through the perf tube - this helps break up the acoustic wave and make it interact a bit more with the acoustifil.
    This is what's installed at the moment on my car, as I have been a bit paranoid about aggravating my tinnitus.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Baz,
    I think there was ment to be a joke in there.Sorry for my dry sence of humour.

Exhaust baffles

Half moon design is working for me - I fabricated mine from 2mm thick steel turned on to 8mm S/S rod and this allows adjustment to see what spacing works best. If you are careful you can remove these from side pipes without taking the rear wheels off.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
    Half moon design is working for me - I fabricated mine from 2mm thick steel turned on to 8mm S/S rod and this allows adjustment to see what spacing works best. If you are careful you can remove these from side pipes without taking the rear wheels off.
    Now that's a rather neat solution. Experimenting with spacing should allow optimisation of getting maximum sound reduction with the minimum number of half-moon baffles.
    The more baffles you put in, the more hp you are going to loose - even with just 3 half-moons, I cna feel a slight reduction in the car's urgency to go.

And on the Crendon you do really need to remove the back wheels, else things get pushed in at an angle, which can be difficult to recover...don't ask me how I know
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

This is my noise reduction solution. Two nuts welded into end of silencer, as much or less wire wool inserted, end plate attached.

I use this to pass the noise test on track days, with nothing in place I'm over 105db and can get down to under 98db.

When removed on track some times have to change up by noise microphone and on some tracks it's just no problem.

Cheers Clive
    Attached Images Attached Images
    On On

Quote Originally Posted by clive a brown View Post
    This is my noise reduction solution. Two nuts welded into end of silencer, as much or less wire wool inserted, end plate attached. . . .

Clive,

That is a very clever and simple solution, I trust you have no copyright in place and will not seek protect you intellectual property right if your idea was copied?

Take care,
    Ian
    Pilgrim Sumo Mk3; IVA Apr. 2014; RV8 3.9 EFi ; Cosworth T5; Granada Donor
    Phase Two underway - Conversion to Japanese

I would be most chuffed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AKBaz View Post
    Greg,
    I shaped a piece of 6mm s/s round rod tig welded together filed and polished then tack tigged it on the inside of the pipe.
    Not explained that too well. The overall diameter is slightly larger and tacked on the end.
    Baz
    Thanks Baz,
    I think that makes sense. Should be do able relatively easily.
    Cheers
    Building MK4 GD Jag based with a Chevy 383/tremec tko600.

Build blog/photo store https:/www.facebook.com/pg/gregsGD427

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12