Maximum wheel sizes

Asking for a friend :-

What is the largest wheel sizes that can be fitted to a MK3 Sumo Sierra base without body modifications ? My friend is liking 17's or 18's !!

17s should be OK, never seen one with 18s, might fit with rubber band tyres that will puncture on the first pot hole. Best to call Pilgrim themselves.
    15" is the best look imho.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I agree Kev, mine has 15's but my friend is young and foolish !!

I was 23 when I built mine and put 17s on. Still have them on and while they are great 15s ride better and with white wall tyres would look bad ass. 18s would spoil the ride and desire to drive in my opinion - shockingly bone shaking

Only problem with 15’s are getting replacement tyres are a pain as the choices and variety are far less than previously

Quote Originally Posted by Dave76 View Post
    Only problem with 15’s are getting replacement tyres are a pain as the choices and variety are far less than previously
    Plenty of choice in V-rated 15" tyres now. Avon, Pirelli, Dunlop or Galaxy, to name a few.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Definitely 15" and as Kevin says you do have a nice selection of good tyres.
    I think 15 follow the arch better and definitely ride softer. They side wall with a 60 profile just looks better IMO .

Pilgrim should know... 2nd all the comments about 15". However there is a dax running around on 21" wheels which I've no doubt drove terribly, but looked very cool...

If he wants to play then as long as you know what size 15"s will fit then you can get a comparative size (thinner tyre bigger alloy to get same width/rolling as the 15's etc) using this handy tool.

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

My Mk3 was factory built by Pilgrim last year and comes with 17"'s.

I think it drives well (although she seems a lot more fragile to tyre pressure changes then other cars I've owned) and having parked alongside a Sumo with 15" I think the 17"'s make a difference