Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwood meet

I think 10 to 12am is about the best time to be there. I will aim to be there for ten ish have a wander round, get a coffee then go back to see the stragglers drop in. Weather dependant cause I'm a bit of a wallflower now at my age. Might be one of the last legal gatherings car-wise we can have this year before the find out and stop it so make the most of it. Pete

Was in Portsmouth on the 13th and popped in at Port Solent. Great car meet! 2 Cobras. One silver with black stripes the other light metallic blue. Anyone on here?
    Dek

Just a heads up...anyone travelling to Port Solent tomorrow should note that a section of the A27 in that area is closed and diversions are in place. Just checked Google Traffic and the local roads are very red at the moment. Shouldn't affect anyone travelling from the north or west of the area, mostly anyone from the east.

Looking forward to port solent tomorrow (Noisy red pilgrim with all the stickers).

Iโ€™d aim to be early... lack of car events, COVID safe and a dry day... I reckon itโ€™ll be rammed.

Hi all I'm really sorry I didn't get to port Solent ,the weather looked great but apparently I had a pre-arrange appointment with some paint brushes and paint ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    Steve
    Did anyone take any pics ??

Sorry you didnt make it Steve, but I agree the weather didnt look at all good first thing. I was a pretty good turn out considering the weather but only two Cobras and a third who did a drive by who was my friend who drive down with me but he didnt have time to stay.
    Managed to catch up with Pete which was nice, although I still dont think he believes I have it on the road after only 30 years even having seen it!!!
    There are loads of pictures on their Facebook page
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/port...t/media/photos
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Hi Paul
    It was good to catch up with you and the beast on sunday. It's a bonkers car but I love it. I will bring along some brightwork for you to have a look at next time.
    Not a bad turnout of a variety of cars which makes it interesting as not much car events going on anywhere else. I am hoping to go more often as it's close to home and everything else seems to get cancelled at the last minute. It would be nice if some more cobras could turn up and make it a bigger gathering. I will phone around a few people that might be interested and see what we can drum up. Hope you can make the next one. Best regards, Pete.

Hi Pete,
    Yes great to catch up. I have ordered some new rockers and guide plates so desperately hope that clears up my problems and I can get to drive with more confidence that it isnt about to blow up !
    More than happy to pop over to you to have a snoop around. Maybe exchange mobile numbers on private message but your inbox is always full !
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12