Thread: Goodwood meet

Goodwood meet

Having failed to get to attend the Goodwood meets in my car last year when it finally passed the IVA and then immediately went wrong in every way imaginable, I was wondering if there is any outlook on them starting up again this year ? I think I am reaching the point where I could dare to drive that far without a recovery truck following me!!!
    Paul

SRV8 - 429 Ford Big Block, 4 speed toploader

Hi Paul, My name is Frank Dowsett. (BLOKE) on here, I usually pick up new posts on our patch, and offer to introduce them to the Sussex/ Hants group, do you wish to join us ?.
    We meet at Goodwood on the last Sunday of each month, and convoy of to a different pub each month, if you are interested, send me your e mail address, and i will get you onto the mailing list for our news letter.
    PS. Obviously we don't meet at Goodwood at this time, but the newsletter will keep you posted as to when we will re convene.
    Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.

Hi Paul.
    Currently we are not able to meet at Goodwood for obvious reasons. However, you might meet some of us at Port Solent on the second and last sunday of the month in the morning and perhaps have a coffee and a chat and view some of the other cars on display. It's just a thought as you would be able to coast all the way down from Waterlooville in your car and I could tow you back with my truck. We will be there on the 27th Sept and it might be nice to catch up with you as it's one of the few places we can go at present but that may change any minute. Best regards, Pete

Quote Originally Posted by BLOKE View Post
    Hi Paul, My name is Frank Dowsett. (BLOKE) on here, I usually pick up new posts on our patch, and offer to introduce them to the Sussex/ Hants group, do you wish to join us ?.
    We meet at Goodwood on the last Sunday of each month, and convoy of to a different pub each month, if you are interested, send me your e mail address, and i will get you onto the mailing list for our news letter.
    PS. Obviously we don't meet at Goodwood at this time, but the newsletter will keep you posted as to when we will re convene.
    Regards Frank Dowsett. BLOKE.
    Hi Frank, Tried to private message you my email but like most active people on this forum your space is full!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pete the b View Post
    Hi Paul.
    Currently we are not able to meet at Goodwood for obvious reasons. However, you might meet some of us at Port Solent on the second and last sunday of the month in the morning and perhaps have a coffee and a chat and view some of the other cars on display. It's just a thought as you would be able to coast all the way down from Waterlooville in your car and I could tow you back with my truck. We will be there on the 27th Sept and it might be nice to catch up with you as it's one of the few places we can go at present but that may change any minute. Best regards, Pete
    Hi Pete,
    I am planning on getting to Port Solent when I can. I currently have my rockers off still trying to isolate my engine squeak ! Hope to have it back together again tomorrow for yet another test!
    Paul

Just a thought but where abouts ar port Solent do you meet ??
    Steve