Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jag xj6 door handles

Hello , has anyone converted the plastic door handles to the jag chrome door handles? I have the handles which are very nice but would welcome advice

I tried to, and failed. I then sold the handles on!
    There must be a way to do it, as others have been successful, and they do look nice, but I couldn't see how to easily do this successfully.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by daws View Post
    Hello , has anyone converted the plastic door handles to the jag chrome door handles? I have the handles which are very nice but would welcome advice
    On my old srv8 I am only using the internal latches and don't require the outside handles.
    What I have noticed is that there are cobra owners that have used the old style Lada external type which are not to
    expensive .
    May be worth a look.
    Chris

I don't know about Jag handles but my first Sumo was fitted with external chrome handles from the Cortina donor. They're the same as Fiesta Mk1 handles which you can still get occasionally like this: Link

Sorry I should have made it clear this was for internal door handles Not external

Ah please ignore my previous post then - sorry.

Occasionally though chrome Capri/Cortina interior door handles do appear online if that's an alternative thought

Thanks will look out. The jag ones are lovely just need to work out how to make
    Them work

Any chance you can post some close-up photos of the pull mechanisms for the ones fitted and the Jag ones in both open and closed positions. I'm sure someone here will have a thought on how to adapt the mechanism so the Jag ones can work

These are the only pictures I have of the handles I fitted. I did not come across any problems fitting them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It just does....

These look great are these the jag ones - two things I was struggling with was clearance on the rod when attached to the jag handle - getting the angle with The grommet in and also the chrome surround seems to be slightly too large for the hike in the door?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast