Thread: September meet

September meet

Well just over a week till the 2nd Sunday of the month, 13th September.
    The weather at the moment looks to be settled but we’ll see. Not been too reliable lately!

Last month saw two Cobras, mine and Chris from Verwood who’s elderly Dax was in supreme condition and a real credit to him. Nice to see a late 80’s car still owned by the original builder in such an amazing state.

Please try to make it next week and get some Cobras together. The pub is open and there is more than enough space to maintain social distancing if that’s the worry.
    This year has been a loss but it doesn’t need to be a total loss. There is still good weather to come this year even if an extra layer of clothing may be needed.

All the best,

David.
    Life is driving the Cobra. The rest of the time is just waiting.

Wessex region caretaker rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnpistonbroke View Post
    Well just over a week till the 2nd Sunday of the month, 13th September.
    The weather at the moment looks to be settled but we’ll see. Not been too reliable lately!

Last month saw two Cobras, mine and Chris from Verwood who’s elderly Dax was in supreme condition and a real credit to him. Nice to see a late 80’s car still owned by the original builder in such an amazing state.

Please try to make it next week and get some Cobras together. The pub is open and there is more than enough space to maintain social distancing if that’s the worry.
    This year has been a loss but it doesn’t need to be a total loss. There is still good weather to come this year even if an extra layer of clothing may be needed.

All the best,

David.
    Hi David
    Four East Midlands Cobras are close by on the 13th (about an hour away) on our way to Cornwall and if the weathers not too bad we would love to come and say Hi at the Horton Inn if that would be ok? Three AKs and one Dax

Graham
    GrahamH - Dax 350SBC, UK Cobra Club Magazine editor (from Sept17)

Hi Graham.

You all would be made most welcome. We pray for good weather which at the moment is looking very promising.
    Depending on which way you come, Salisbury or Blandford Forum, you would most likely end up on the A354. Depending on which direction you are coming from, on that road there is only one roundabout at Sixpenny Handley. If coming FROM Blandford you would need to take the third exit onto the B3081. That will take you to Cranborne. From there you will find the B3078 which is the road to Wimborne. The Horton Inn is on that road on a staggered crossroads junction on the right about 3-4 miles, just past Knowlton. Take care on these roads as they are poplular with motorcyclists. The Police motorcyclists also do a lot of their training on these roads at high speed.

Look forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

David.

Well what an exceptional day it was today. And all thanks to the East Midlands clan who dropped by during their tour on the way to Cornwall.
    Six Cobras in all including mine. We were joined by in excess of 30 vintage motorcycles as well including Triumph, Norton, Shadow, Ariel, Ducati, Indian and Sunbeam. The Horton Inn car park was like a working museum mixing in classic with treasured. Weather was perfect for both events and not a Japanese screamer in sight. Neither were there spring chickens, just enthusiastic sh**e hawks with their prides and joys, both two wheeled and four.
    A massive thanks to Graham and the team, (sorry, I said at the meet that names were not my forte!) and their beautiful Cobras. A Pilgrim, 2 Daxes and 3 AK’s. All a credit to their owners.
    A great day!

David.

Hi David, good to meet you and many thanks for the pint. We had a great drive to the meet and just as good on return. It is amazing what you can do when the Good Lady is not sat next to you!!
    Cheers
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

It was an absolute pleasure to see and meet you guys. I’m sorry I was the only one of our clan to greet you but the with the current climate, I think people are taking extra care and measures.

All the best,

David.

Good to meet you too David.
    Some great cars and bikes on show either in the car park or driving by in the sunshine!
    I’ll look to get a pic of our cars parked together in the Dec magazine,
    Stay well bud.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by BomberG View Post
    Good to meet you too David.
    Some great cars and bikes on show either in the car park or driving by in the sunshine!
    I’ll look to get a pic of our cars parked together in the Dec magazine,
    Stay well bud.
    Graham
    Front cover I hope!!

Doubt it David! Always ready to get some pics and summaries of any get togethers you have in the mag though

Graham
    GrahamH - Dax 350SBC, UK Cobra Club Magazine editor (from Sept17)

I’ll send you what I have. A few photos on my camera and my phone. Would you PM me your email address pleasy please?