Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MSD Atomic EFI

Holley might support the Sniper kit rather than the MSD Atomic ? The Atomic kit does seem to get good reviews but only started looking. I am sure some people have problems but I need to dig a bit deeper. The main issue is CO2 location and
    they talk about the pump being in the fuel tank but yet install them outside. Single feed and no return is nice rather than having to install two lines but not a show stopper.
    I have MSD 6AL so been looking at the wiring which looks straight forward. Still trying to get my head round using Pertronics sensor in the distributor and the mechanical advance lock out?

Also adding the water temperature sensor if I can use my gauge sensor or have to use there supplied unit. Once I have done a bit more research.

I see other systems need new or modified inlet manifolds or new distributors which makes it 2k plus once you have to add on these new parts. OK for a new build but costly for an upgrade for trouble free cold starting and may be a bit more BHP and torque. The jury is out on that one after seeing NICKS garage EFI vs Carb where the carb made more power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zj0RMPKquw

This was the FitTech system though.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

I hadn't realised Holley had bought MSD. I was considering the Atomic EFI in the future so it could plug into the D6AL ignition. Might need to save up a bit quicker now...

Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

It worth reading all the comments on the You tube link from Kevin.

It don't make convincing reading that the Atomic EFI is a great unit but saying that there could be issues with the engine and CO2 mounting causing issues.
    My concern is the fuel system needs a fuel return line to work properly. People have problems trying to run it with a single fuel line. The fuel pump needs to sit below the petrol tank. Not a problem if you have enough room to mount.
    If you have issues with air leaks or worn valve guides you need to resolve all these issues as the CO2 sensor can work correctly to adjust AFR correctly.

The Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 looks interesting. Kit comes with inlet manifold and distributor so adding to the cost for an upgrade.

I noticed most parts from Edelbrock are out of stock? I had a discussion with a Mustang owner and he has been trying to order parts from USA and they seem to be " closed for business or not manufacturing parts !" Are stock levels that low?
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Well, I've taken a brave pill and ordered the Atomic system. Primarily because i already had a blaster coil and an MSD Digital 6AL system. I found that there's a few shops in the US selling them for a discounted price at the moment and the exchange rate appears to be bringing the price down even further. Lets hope it actually makes it's way across the pond!

I also had to purchase a new MSD distributer to match the set! Again, US shops are selling them at reduced prices.

No idea how I'm going to hide the O2 sensor at the moment but I'm sure something will spring to mind eventually.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Robinson View Post
    Well, I've taken a brave pill and ordered the Atomic system. Primarily because i already had a blaster coil and an MSD Digital 6AL system. I found that there's a few shops in the US selling them for a discounted price at the moment and the exchange rate appears to be bringing the price down even further. Lets hope it actually makes it's way across the pond!

I also had to purchase a new MSD distributer to match the set! Again, US shops are selling them at reduced prices.

No idea how I'm going to hide the O2 sensor at the moment but I'm sure something will spring to mind eventually.

Cheers,
    Mark

I've seen some pics of these somewhere installed on the drivers side sidepipe, roughly below the side vent, if you have a 4 into1, as you need to sample a good sample mix of gases from 4 cylinders 'downwind'.
    It needs to be somewhere around the 10 o'clock position to ensure it doesn't get water on it . To make a nice job it'll be sidepipe off and have the sensor flange welded on - but you could make do with the Holley set of jubilee clips as a starting point, but looks ugly. I think that to be effective you' also need to remove the exhaust wading directly underneath the sensor. You will probably need to drill a hole in the side of the body to bring signal cable into the car - well, you would on a Crendon when I started measuring up - other cars may be different.

Just my idle thoughts when I started looking at this over the summer.....so take with a pinch of salt.
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Lots of stuff on this on ClubCobra. e.g. http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/holl...e-sensors.html
    Crendon Chassis No.49

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12