Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hmmm ... I was thinking of sticking mine onto the boot lid with the sort of double-sided sticky stuff you can buy for number plates. Anyone think this won't work ?

Brian.

As it happens.......maybe Yes or No

My little Rover powered Cobra with sticky on badge held up well
    but maybe with a big block it'll fly off under acceleration......Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by braincol View Post
    Hmmm ... I was thinking of sticking mine onto the boot lid with the sort of double-sided sticky stuff you can buy for number plates. Anyone think this won't work ?

Brian.
    I think you might find number plate tabs might be a bit too thick and make the badge stand proud but don’t know for certain. 3M do double sided automotive tape-vhb is the very high bonding for spoilers etc so should be sufficient for a badge. Have a look on EBay.
    Dek

I doubt the "glue" has got to be the "best of the best" if your badge has the two prongs. The prongs hold it in place and the glue just keeps it from vibrating off.

Of course if the prongs stick through far enough you can use speed-nuts, you're fine. I'd still use some RTV or glue to keep water out. Otherwise when you wash your car and then leave it, you'll come back to dirty water streaks where it bled out from under the badge.
    John

“A prudent person profits from personal experience, a wise one from the experience of others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
    I doubt the "glue" has got to be the "best of the best" if your badge has the two prongs. The prongs hold it in place and the glue just keeps it from vibrating off.

Of course if the prongs stick through far enough you can use speed-nuts, you're fine. I'd still use some RTV or glue to keep water out. Otherwise when you wash your car and then leave it, you'll come back to dirty water streaks where it bled out from under the badge.
    Over here John we can get the round badges with or without prongs to avoid drilling.
    Dek

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12