Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Ad stated before;
    I didn’ have the car measured before all my changes so I don’t know if it was wrong from the start.
    Because I haven’t driven my Cobra a lot before these changes I didn’t notice any because the setup of my front suspension was not okay.
    Now every is measured with professional measuring equipment on all 4 wheels, the setup is not as it should be.
    The required shimming (first estimate) I have already calculated but indeed the result first has to be measured. If not okay, new shimming has to be done. By making the holes in the GD brackets slightly bigger, hopefully there is some room for adjustments.
    In the end it is a F job to do. Really doubt the measuring results of other cars made by “just a rope and some wood”.
    I think the reason of this misalignment is the changed lower arms (tolerances), old SType arms,.,.,.

Quote Originally Posted by superseven View Post
    Ad stated before;

I think the reason of this misalignment is the changed lower arms (tolerances), old SType arms,.,.,.
    You may well be right. Would it be possibe to take them off and get the pivot hole centres measured to see if they are correct.

What toe values are you looking for, can't remember from my build if they should be parallel or toe in or out.

10 min toe in
    After assembly you are not able to reach the bolts again because the shaft sits in its way

I wrote an additional post yesterday but for some reason it is not here, perhaps I didn't hit the (right) button.

I dug out the build notes and also found the 10min (0.166°) toe in so that would appear your left hand side is very close at 0.14° (if I've understood the + & - correctly) and probably best to leave alone.

I don't know if the toe is created by the inner pivot brackets sitting at the 10min angle or if they sit parallel and the outer pivots are angled but it seems like if the diff' brackets are correct then the (accurately made) GD brackets will fit. It sounds like these brackets do fit and therefore the issue is more likely to be an issue with the wishbone being deformed.

I'd be very reluctant to modify the GD parts unless I was sure the problem was in that area, this is adding a further error in an attemt to cure a problem in another area. I've always struggled to make two wrongs make a right. For instance if the 'bone is deformed altering the inner pivot may achive the correct toe angle but there is also a chance that the wheel could move fore-aft.
    Can't help thinking the first thing would be to get that part measured (or try a replacement) as a first base.

Given that your LHS appears to be correct you could use that as a baseline to measure the angle between the wheels, clamp a decent length staight edge to each wheel hub (not wooden!) and measure between the ends, if the straight edges are something like 450-300 long (18" to 2' in old money) even small errors in angle will show up. A tape measure is probably a better tool than "some rope"!

Bolts are loose!!
    Without torche

That's good,
    I think you must have scared the bolts with what you was going
    to do next !!
    Chris.

Most probably😀👍

Keep us posted with how the adjustment turns out.

Will do. First recalculate the shimming.
    Just purchased new bolts because the old ones are too scared now

Quote Originally Posted by superseven View Post
    Will do. First recalculate the shimming.
    Just purchased new bolts because the old ones are too scared now
    Be interested in the value you calculate, see if it’s anything like mine.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast