Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Hi Sean, you can still pay on arrival.
    They just take down the advance payment bit of the website a few days before the event.
    I had the same problem last time.
    Got in early this year.
    Normally loads of room.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Thanks Kev,

We decided to go with Woodlands instead as we could still book. Didn't want to turn up without pre-booking. I'm sure it would have been ok but think we'll sleep better knowing we have somewhere booked.

Sean
    Too many idiots, not enough villages!

Looking forward to seeing you guys for the first time, will be there Friday morning in mine with it's 302 Mustang engine (I only live 15 miles away in Milton Keynes)

Just had a bit of fun yesterday at Sywell Aerodrome with the Car Chase Heroes organisers and their own 5L Cobra with hard top despite been left hand drive. Certainly louder than my own side pipes lol. Also had a few laps in the Ferrari California & 360 and a '75 Vantage.
    1985 Fiero Factory Euro 427, 5L V8 Ford 302 Mustang Engine

Ok weather watchers, whats the thoughts on how bad the rain will be over the weekend? I'm setting off tomorrow and really torn as to whether to bring Cobra or tin top and all the luxuries I can carry for the campsite.

Every report I look at is different and whilst many say showers and a % likelihood, does this translate to a total downpour or just a bit of drizzle for 10 mins???

Given I have a 650 mile round trip there needs reward of half decent sunshine at the end of the rainbow...
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

https://www.yr.no/nb/v%C3%A6rvarsel/...ilverstone?i=2

It looks like Friday is currently the wettest day.
    Saturday and Sunday looking dry.

The above weather website is a Norwegian one recommended by Swedish sailing friends of mine.
    I've always found it to be pretty good.

Monday also looking damp.
    Last edited by kdavies3; 28-07-21 at 09:58 AM.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Great weather site - thanks.
    ~~~~~~
    Sumo Mk3

As Keith said: Friday looks bad in the morning, Saturday a bit wet in the afternoon maybe, Sunday good, Monday just overcast. This is from the Met Office app.

I also use the rainalarm app which tells you where the rain is and has been for the last hour and enables you to predict the immediate rainfall - it's great. If I was travelling any distance I'd expect to go hoodless from Saturday onwards.

In any case Andy, the weather will only be "Scottish" on Friday, although when we in Scotland in May the weather was very good most of the time

I'll be on the Sporting Bears stand for much of the weekend, (I have to be as event organiser) but we're pretty close to the Cobras
    David (AKA Firestarter29)

Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Suspect this will come down to a last weather check tomorrow morning but I think the head is saying tin top as I'm clearly getting soft! It does always help if its at least dry for setting off as that leaves some space for optimism.

I'm not optioned with roof David as I found it entirely useless in most circumstances on the last Cobra so saw no reason to need one. Tonneau covers off most situations other than being stuck in traffic during the rain.
    Andy
    Dax- 350 Chevy, Holley Carb - Loads of smiles to the gallon SOLD
    AK- 383 Chevy - Even more smiles to even more gallons

Looking at Fridays forecast I think we'll be coming Saturday/Sunday instead as we're not camping and only live 15 miles away.

No point spending all day in the rain and then having to clean it again Friday night
    1985 Fiero Factory Euro 427, 5L V8 Ford 302 Mustang Engine

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345