2002 Pilgrim Sumo for Sale

Metallic Royal Blue Pilgrim Sumo. V8 Rover with side pipes. Jaguar LSD Rear End with twin spax shocks either side. 5 Speed Manual. Very low mileage at under 2000 since SVA'd. Road Tax Exempt. Twin Roll bars, Hallibrand replicas. Looks and sounds awesome. I built this car so I am the only owner on the log book. Donor vehicle age related plate on "J" 1972 suffix hence legal black and silver plates.
    Contact me by email at john.greenwood@dakotais.co.uk to ask any questions and discuss in more detail.

Hi Ted, good luck with your sale, it sounds nice.
    A price and pictures will only help your sale.
    I use IMGUR.com to host my pictures on her and other forums.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

I’d be interested to know how you have tax exemption, mine was built 1997, so been a kit car slightly longer than yours and is on a V plate but date on log book is date registered as kit so don’t think I can get tax exemption, maybe I’m wrong.

Hi Kev,

Thank you for your comments. I am struggling with pricing the car as it is difficult to compare like for like on Auto Trader etc.Cobra 1.jpgCobra 2.jpgCobra 3.jpg

I will try and attach three picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    I’d be interested to know how you have tax exemption, mine was built 1997, so been a kit car slightly longer than yours and is on a V plate but date on log book is date registered as kit so don’t think I can get tax exemption, maybe I’m wrong.

What does your logbook say as far as first use date?

Love the colour Ted - very nice

According to DVLA site

Vehicle makePILGRIM SUMO
    Date of first registrationFebruary 2001
    Year of manufacture1971
    Cylinder capacity3500 cc

MOT says

TNA363JPILGRIM COBRA

Check another vehicle
    ColourBlue

Fuel typePetrol

Date registered30 June 1972

could just be look of the draw, mines SVA'd 2000, but donor a 75 daimler on age related plate P, but year of manufacture is same as Date of first reg on V5. some where lucky i guest when registering after IVA.

good luck with sale - get a few more photos if you can of cockpit area etc

rgds
    Gary
    Conny - A Carnival Red Metallic (paint code Ref: Jag CGG/1811) Southern Roadcraft V8 ( SRV8 ) with 383ci stroker chevy.

Hi There,

When I was building the car I used as many parts as I could that i could say came from the Donor vehicle. These were the drive train, engine and gearbox ( which I had already swapped for the Rover V8 on the donor jag log book ) and suspension and by doing so I scored enough points to enable "historic Vehicle" status and get the "J" plate assigned. This paid dividends later on ( in 2014 ?? ) when they changed the rules and it became road tax exempt.

You might be in luck, the Government website (link) says:

"Vehicles exempt from vehicle tax
    If your vehicle was built before 1 January 1980, you can stop paying vehicle tax from 1 April 2020.

If you do not know when your vehicle was built, but it was registered before 8 January 1980, you do not need to pay vehicle tax from 1 April 2020."

I don't know whether you can apply and see what happens?

Quote Originally Posted by dgosumo View Post
    You might be in luck, the Government website (link) says:

"Vehicles exempt from vehicle tax
    If your vehicle was built before 1 January 1980, you can stop paying vehicle tax from 1 April 2020.

If you do not know when your vehicle was built, but it was registered before 8 January 1980, you do not need to pay vehicle tax from 1 April 2020."

I don't know whether you can apply and see what happens?
    And you should be OK to use a black & silver plate if you so desire.

OK, so having checked my cars details I find they are similar to those of Ted’s Sumo, although registered in 1998 the year it f manufacture is 1980 (although does not state when in that year). Need to look into this in more detail.

Thanks for all the feedback on this