Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Actually looking a bit deeper it seems that it's possible to use the switch wires to supply power to the unit also. Could be a winner with that one.
    Thanks again Aaron

And looking a bit bit deeper I realise it’s “only” a thermostat, no timer function. So close!

The Hive unit is great, has timer function and can be moved around if need be. No need to use the app if you don't need to......(but useful if you've been out all day and want a toasty house before you get home....)

Simon
    WARNING: Translation of author's random thoughts may have resulted in the unintended introduction of grammatical errors, typos, technical inaccuracies, lies, propaganda, rhetoric, blasphemy, rambling, and/or exhibition of shocking levels of ignorance.

Had one of these with new boiler install in 2015. Works perfectly 25-30 feet from receiver on the boiler, I move it to different rooms at different times/days (to keep others on their toes).
    First set of batteries (2 X AAs) changed this year. Party mode, holiday mode, programmable for 6 different heating intervals per day, 7 day programmer.

https://www.plumbnation.co.uk/site/h...xoCOmIQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by KevinW; 14-10-20 at 10:40 PM.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

I’ve also got a WB boiler but with a Salus wireless 7 day programmable timer thermostat with manual override.
    Dek

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Drayton-Dig.../dp/B00XEV07JQ
    I've got a couple of these units.
    So far they've been excellent.
    Obviously you'll need the receiver too.
    Kev Davies
    South Wales Area Rep. UKCC Membership Secretary
    DAX Mk4, 383 Chevy Stroker, Tremec. SOLD
    Contemporary CCX 3-4028, 445ci Big Block FORD FE,TKO 600, Old School IVA'd and SOLD
    Dax De Dion LS2 and T56 IVA'd June '17 SOLD
    1965 Ford Mustang 289 Convertible SOLD
    In build- Hawk 289 Sebring Awaiting IVA

Thanks to everybody. I think I've identified a Honeywell unit which will do what I want/need. I'll keep posted on outcome.

The Honeywell systems seem to have less problems and slightly cheaper if you want zone controls and thermostat controls. I cannot remember which one out of the Nest or Hive needs there network connectivity so if the internet or there system goes down you loose control as your accesses it through there system.

When I was in Spain on holiday, this guy in the bar was controlling the heating for his homes in the U.K. .His daughter was turning up the heating so he locked the controller away. lol . He had it set to 18c ! He did admit he was from Yorkshire. I thought it would not take her to long to over ride it.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

We had this in the last house we bought, it's wired in series with the existing thermostat so either will turn the heating off, we just turn the original stat up to 30degree, ignore it, then use this mobile room stat.

It works ok but the batteries are knackered in the mobile thermostat now so it just stays in the charging dock all day, but it be put in any room.
    Regards

Craig Perry

No, I'm not "repairing" it, I'm fine tuning its performance.

Why not just set your current thermostat to a higher temperature? That way the heating will come on and heat up the cold rooms?

Craig's method sounds rather complicated to me!
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast