Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

dip tube conversion problem

Even though I have now got a Spiyda fuel gauge wizard fitted ,I am still having problems with fuel slosh affecting the fuel gauge and intend fitting a VDO dip tube sender and matching gauge, but the flange on VDO dip tube senders have 5 holes on a 54mm pcd, and the AK tank sender hole has 6 holes on a 60mm pcd. How have other people overcome this issue when you fitted your VDO dip tube .

Does anyone know if there is an off the shelf converter /adaptor plate i could buy, to save me getting one made.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Paul,

there is a damping mode on the spiyda gauge, just turn that up. Instructions tell you how to increase this

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

Quote Originally Posted by seph View Post
    Paul,

there is a damping mode on the spiyda gauge, just turn that up. Instructions tell you how to increase this

Paul
    Paul,

I have tried all the settings and the highest setting does damp it the best ,but its still slowly deviating by about 1/4 tank, between vehicle stationary and cruising. Tank will read 1/4 tank stationary ,then slowly climbs to 1/2 tank while steadily cruising ,especially when its below 3/4 of a tank. Above that ,its rock steady ,really annoying

Last time i spoke to Tinka ,he said he was also having issues with his Spyida/Dip tube setup, and i have tried to PM him, to see if he has solved it ,but his inbox is full, so if your looking in Martin, empty your inbox mate.

Paul
    Paul.

AK Huddart Chevy 383 Stroker, BMW Royal Grey Metal Metallic , 5 speed Jaguar Getrag , Holley 670cfm 4 barrel street Avenger Carb, 450 BHP at flywheel , 460 Ibs/ft torque, and luvin it !

" We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing" - George Bernard Shaw.

Paul,

it may be worth a call to Spiyda to see what they recommend. My float based one has no issues

Paul
    AK, on the road Oct 2012

I have just been setting my one up at the weekend. Odd shaped tank with EDO float arm sender and the gauge wizard. Once all set I changed the anti slosh to the middle setting. Thought this was too much when I operated it, so set it lower. Will see when on the road. My float arm is left to right, so anti slosh on cornering. Is your sender at the rear of the tank? As it maybe the fuel going to rear as you are going forward. Causing the increased reading. The anti slosh will just cause it to take longer to show, but when you brake the anti slosh won't let correct as quickly. Then you are accelerating again, so keeping the higher reading?

Quote Originally Posted by psh View Post
    Paul,

I have tried all the settings and the highest setting does damp it the best ,but its still slowly deviating by about 1/4 tank, between vehicle stationary and cruising. Tank will read 1/4 tank stationary ,then slowly climbs to 1/2 tank while steadily cruising ,especially when its below 3/4 of a tank. Above that ,its rock steady ,really annoying

Last time i spoke to Tinka ,he said he was also having issues with his Spyida/Dip tube setup, and i have tried to PM him, to see if he has solved it ,but his inbox is full, so if your looking in Martin, empty your inbox mate.

Paul

Sounds like it’s a voltage stabiliser issue. Is there an inbuilt one in the gauge? You could always use my “fail safe” solution Paul. A bit of wooden dowel to dip the tank. Never lets me down!
    Dek

Quote Originally Posted by seph View Post
    Paul,

it may be worth a call to Spiyda to see what they recommend. My float based one has no issues

Paul
    Yes, worth a go .
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by philbrad73 View Post
    I have just been setting my one up at the weekend. Odd shaped tank with EDO float arm sender and the gauge wizard. Once all set I changed the anti slosh to the middle setting. Thought this was too much when I operated it, so set it lower. Will see when on the road. My float arm is left to right, so anti slosh on cornering. Is your sender at the rear of the tank? As it maybe the fuel going to rear as you are going forward. Causing the increased reading. The anti slosh will just cause it to take longer to show, but when you brake the anti slosh won't let correct as quickly. Then you are accelerating again, so keeping the higher reading?
    Yes i follow what you mean about the too higher anti slosh setting , not allowing the gauge to adjust quickly enough ,thus keeping the gauge reading high, but i have tried all the settings and setting number 8 gives the most stable results . If the sender was at the back of the tank ,i would agree with your theory of the fuel bombing to the back while the car is on the move, causing the float to rise ,which would be down to poor baffle design , but its at the front, on drivers side, and i think its orientated front/rear.
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dek View Post
    Sounds like it’s a voltage stabiliser issue. Is there an inbuilt one in the gauge? You could always use my “fail safe” solution Paul. A bit of wooden dowel to dip the tank. Never lets me down!
    Dek
    I use a dip stick to check the coolant expansion tank level. I dont fancy stopping the car every 5 miles to dip the tank

All the gauges on the AK run through a voltage stabiliser ,which was replaced with a brand new one ,when the wizzard was fitted.
    Paul.

Doesn't sound like a slosh problem. At a steady speed cruising along there is no acceleration and very little slop.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast