Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If I understand this setup correctly the warning light sits across the left and right indicator circuits and the path to earth is through the bulbs on the 'off' (not flashing) side. If this is the case the solution above (bridge rectifier) might not work so well if you later decide to fit LEDs for the indicators. Just a thought.
    Cheers

Myles D-W

Cheers Myles.
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Morning Mark.

You could use either relay, but the CBS one is intended for using LEDs in the indicators themselves, so isn't needed if you're just replacing the dashboard lamp with an LED - so you might as well stick with the original.

What you need to do is this.

Within the loom, the leads which currently connect to the warning lamp bulbholder should go to the "P" terminal on the flasher relay and to earth - it might be useful to confirm this with a multimeter. You need to disconnect these leads from the bulbholder and instead connect them to the two "~" terminals on the new bridge rectifier (either way round).

You then need to run new leads from the connectors on the bulbholder to the "+" and "-" terminals on the bridge rectifier, ensuring you get the polarity correct (if the lamp doesn't flash, swap them round).

The 6th reply from RobH in the TR6 forum post is spot on. Connecting this way, the new LED lamp is "floating", without a direct earth connection. As far as I can see, the hazard circuit should also work OK too!

This brings back memories of the fun and games I had with my Corsa EPAS column installation when I decided to go the whole hog and replace the Sierra column switches with Corsa ones! The wiper switch was the best one - like you, I got through so many fuses with the parking circuit on the wiper motor!

Quote Originally Posted by mark chambers View Post
    Just a quick question Alan, will I need to use the original relay or the electronic one from CBS? I’ve ordered the bridge rectifier cheers.
    Mark
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Fantastic Alan I’ll let you know how it all goes, I’m hoping to get the rectifier for Saturday, no beer Friday night as I think a clear head will be the right approach ....
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

No problem - good luck!
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Good news Alan the rectifier arrived today I’ve just been out to garage and although I only had the ~ and a +ve on two terminals I went through the normal process of illumination! Had all four flashing at one point then flashing with no dash light and now have everything working great yippee..
    Many thanks for your help very much appreciated I would never have got it sorted,cheers...
    Mark
    mark chambers
    Dax de Dion 350 Chevy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12