Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2030

So, as the ban is for the UK only, at the minute, let's pool some cash together, buy a car showroom in Calais and in 2030 sell European cars, in rhd form, to Brits coming over on the ferry as walk ons. Make a fortune.....

My dad forcast the end of the kit car era some 30 years ago ie looking at post sva/iva era ( he was a kit car guy aswell as me) though his view was more the Euro brussels politics would eventually ban the idea, quite possibly due to emmissions pretty much the case in some european countries. He said build your cars now and enjoy them because you wont be able to in the future. Mmmm? He could be right. But when? Well we have a date. So newly built kit cars may not be allowed unless electric. Value of existing ones? Who knows. Will it be worthwhile for fourcourts to sell petrol fuel anymore. And if they do how much.? Classic cars, same issue?
    or on the other hand my mother said .....cheer up it may never happen! ....( in a generic sense )

they are no longer here, so iโ€™ll draw my own conclusion i guess. But do finish your builds and enjoy!

Remember the US had to go emmission friendly way back in the 70s. Mostly due to oil prices though.

It may not include small manufacturers. We have to wait and see. Personally, I reckon we will be ok. It will be more difficult to go on certain routes or into Cities but our fraternity are very open minded and good at maneuvering around obstacles!
    Charlie
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    It may not include small manufacturers. We have to wait and see. Personally, I reckon we will be ok. It will be more difficult to go on certain routes or into Cities but our fraternity are very open minded and good at maneuvering around obstacles!
    Charlie
    Exactly what I think, Charlie. Doomsters and gloomsters!
    There will be another 10 years, posible 20 or more of forecourt petrol to service the needs of long haul journeys and the thousands and thousands of cars still on the road being built today. And what about hybrid kit cars: petrol engine and a diddly little electric motor, sorted.
    After 2050 a large number of us will be dead or wont know what planet we're on anyway, so lets not worry either way.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Petrol will be on sale fare into the future until sales drop off and its uneconomic for the petroleum industry to refine and ship around the world. I am not worry for the next 20 years.
    ? Who knows but classic and kit cars will be about for a long time.
    Will the IVA or what ever form will be in existence in 10 years time ?
    Petrol cars might be tax to the hilt to try and force petrol vehicles off the road after the 2030 deadline. Will the 40 year tax roll over still apply and most us become road tax exempt. Mine is already road tax exempt which is a bonus every year.
    We have 10 years to build your next vehicle which should be enough time for most !

Legislation like this might come into force.

Historic cars have been handed an exemption from charges and restrictions in London's newUltra Low Emission Zone โ€“ meaning the world's oldest motoring event can continue. All vehicles that have a 'historic' vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ, which comes into effect on 7 September 2020.
    Last edited by jon1d; 22-11-20 at 11:05 AM.
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Quote Originally Posted by jon1d View Post
    All vehicles that have a 'historic' vehicle tax class will be exempt from the ULEZ
    Oh....a freebie!
    from this 'rich' country that is in DEBT to the tune of trillions and rising.......
    and how long will this anomaly/oversight last.

Why do you believe it to be an anomaly or oversight? And why make anything of it anyway? It has been done so that London can continue to hold several classic vehicle events as it has done for years, so no, not an anomaly or oversight.

Also the 2030 date is only for vehicles WHOLLY powered by petrol and diesel so hybrids etc will still require fuel and therefore it will still be available for at least 10 years after that point in time to service those vehicles alone. As for classic cars there will still be a market for the fuel so it will still be available it will just be that petrol stations are fewer and farther between which will mean some planning for a long journey.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
    It has been done so that London can continue to hold several classic vehicle events as it has done for years
    We are drifting into uncharted waters.
    Think of how No11 is to keep us all above the waves and not drowning in DEBT
    Can you think of a way to do this without TAXING everything and anything that moves.
    Yes.....there will be changes coming along, so not steady as you go as in past years.
    Just give Rishi/Richy time to look at the books.

Car shows in the < 2030 future - complete this form (TAX) tell us your route and day and time you will be attending. Remember all non-standard cars must be trailered (TAX) by a EU compliant car that meets their rules.......we don't want to upset our friends and partners.

Enjoy our cars/hobby for as long as you can.
    Things will be different, very different in the not too distant future.

Always liked Private Fraser in Dad's Army.

Quote Originally Posted by drammyboy View Post
    We are drifting into uncharted waters.
    Think of how No11 is to keep us all above the waves and not drowning in DEBT
    Can you think of a way to do this without TAXING everything and anything that moves.
    Yes.....there will be changes coming along, so not steady as you go as in past years.
    Just give Rishi/Richy time to look at the books.

Car shows in the < 2030 future - complete this form (TAX) tell us your route and day and time you will be attending. Remember all non-standard cars must be trailered (TAX) by a EU compliant car that meets their rules.......we don't want to upset our friends and partners.

Enjoy our cars/hobby for as long as you can.
    Things will be different, very different in the not too distant future.

Always liked Private Fraser in Dad's Army.
    Not upsetting the EU will only apply in Scotland by then ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€
    The thing I fear a bit is the social backlash against gas guzzlers that could come. Bit like smoking. Social pressure could build up, not that it will stop me driving mine.
    Mostly, I only get praise or admiration when I take my car out but recently I have witnessed a few disapproving gestures from the woke brigade who apparently donโ€™t like the noise or the smell (one incident was a car alongside at a set of lights).
    As far as I am concerned each to their own. Whatever, I can sleep knowing I am 100% certain my carbon footprint is less than most dissenters, cobra or not.
    Maybe personal carbon allowance is the way forward but how you could measure it who knows

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast