Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2030

As far as I am aware its a ban on cars that use soley fossil fuel as a power source.

Hybrids are not going to be banned. So what you need is a Hybrid V8 car as a donor. There's a few of them knocking around now, the Lexus 600H for one and they are dirt cheap, depreciated to hell as the battery pack is the weak link. In 10 years time there will no doubt be the lipsmacking option of it's replacement a with a Twin Turbo 4 litre V8 Hybrid power train sitting in breakers yards around the globe. Not for me however as I'll be too old then.

Plus just what is defined as a Hybrid. I'd like to see the regulations as if all you need is the ability to move the car under electric power a small electric motor connected to the propshaft after the normal gearbox , clutched so you can switch into power mode or not, connected to the smallest, lightest battery pack possible, would satisfy that condition.

You could literally just use the motor for the test and the annual MOT. Like a Jaguar handbrake.

Chin up guys, think outside the box.

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Hi Tony, true but aren't they saying that hybrids also banned after 2035?
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by drammyboy View Post
    Not so

Someone bright spark mandarin has convinced our revolving transient politicans of the merits to produce make-believe money
    Print it....PRINT LOTS of it
    Hoodwink the gullible by giving it a palatable name - quantative easing.
    Put in a £ that's worth a penny

Me.....I'd print 3 Trillions and pay of our Debts to the clown that let us in the first place.
    and keep the extra trillion for the rainy day

Private Fraser

That's not really the way it works though is it, probably just as well as I imagine actually printing a few hundred billion in notes might take a few years to complete and unlike Scotland the rest of the UK no longer has £100 notes to speed it up .

I am sure you know that rather than printing money when the government of the day needs more money they borrow it from huge investment funds and sovereign wealth funds by issuing long and short term bonds and gilts. Some of these can have repayment terms up to 50 years with varying rates of interest. I think the current UK national debt stands at around £2000 billion or 2 trillion in modern parlance which is never going to be paid off in our life time or our children's so who cares if they add another £200 billion if it keeps the wolf from the door of those whose livelihoods are suffering just now .

CONTEMPORARY CCX3-3741

FORD RACING DIVISION 515ci
    JERICO WC4 (Sold)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGUj87r9bY

It's good to know all these kind people lending us all this money .
    Perhaps it will work a bit like a student loan with very little interest to
    pay !
    Everyone will then be happy, hopefully in less than fifty years time.

We only paid off the final WW1 debt bond in 2015 - so it’s not exactly a new policy
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    We only paid off the final WW1 debt bond in 2015 - so
    ...let me know how much in real money was paid back in INTEREST in all those years.

Remember when a £ was worth how many $

(Put in a pound that is worth a penny)

Yip.....we are a rich country that can pay off our debts quickly.
    Would you call yourself rich if you owed money.

WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    a Twin Turbo 4 litre V8 Hybrid power Tony

So, just as I'm getting ready to put mine back together to the point I was at six months ago after a "few" modifications along comes Tony with "twin turbos". Never mind all that Hybrid stuff where do I get my hands on the twins and can I weld them to a 1UZFE, don't care if it's not pretty give me the POWER.

Oh, and Hi Tony, things are progressing slowly got side tracked with a set of exhausts but I'm getting there.

Graham.
    AK gen 1 delivered 05/05/17, on the road shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    We only paid off the final WW1 debt bond in 2015 - so it’s not exactly a new policy
    and WW2 debt payed off in 2006.
    Austerity always was a political choice and nothing to do with economics.
    Crendon Chassis No.49
    Huddart FE428 + toploader

Not listed in the Shelby Register.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Barnes View Post
    Hi Tony, true but aren't they saying that hybrids also banned after 2035?
    Yeah - Hybrids will be gone before long, too; the environmental nutters are already lobbying for it: https://www.autoblog.com/2020/11/23/...s-co2-testing/ (short version: "Quit subsidizing PHEVs, they're 'fake electric cars,' climate group says").

It'll be 100% electric by 2035, petrol gone by 2040. We'll all starve (no workable high capacity logistics via EV), but we won't be allowed out anyway (we'll be in "lockdown 57" by then). Hopefully we'll have loo roll, or we'll be back to never shaking hands with a leftie.. (wipe with the left, etc).
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    It'll be 100% electric by 2035, petrol gone by 2040. We'll all starve (no workable high capacity logistics via EV), but we won't be allowed out anyway (we'll be in "lockdown 57" by then). Hopefully we'll have loo roll, or we'll be back to never shaking hands with a leftie.. (wipe with the left, etc).
    Morning Aaron, thankyou, that made me laugh
    Lloyd B
    Current: Crendon #54 in build - 427 Side Oiler/Cobrajet Heads/Dual 600cfm Holleys/4 speed toploader/Vintage cast knock on wheels
    Dedion Dax/Clarkson 383 Chevy with roller 4/7 swap cam, AFR195 heads - SOLD

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast