Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by drammyboy View Post

I chopped them them off and dressed them up on mine, means you couldn’t use the back on a Jag if you ever wanted to though

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    I chopped them them off and dressed them up on mine, means you couldn’t use the back on a Jag if you ever wanted to though
    I was just keeping my options open. I've done a bit of reading elsewhere and some say to use radius arms as the rear end can hop sometimes. I'm not sure about this so wanted to see how things went to be honest. They would have to be triangulated back to the chassis as they would tear the bottom of the floor out if bolted up to the tub.

I suspect they will never be needed but...you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by GDCobra View Post
    Looks a grand job, did you have to file down the outside of the arms for clearance?
    It seemed that they would have fitted without any mods but I filed the front down in any case to make sure there was no clearance issues. I dont expect there to be any flex at that point but its one of things that is a ball ache to mess with again if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by justinb View Post
    I was just keeping my options open. I've done a bit of reading elsewhere and some say to use radius arms as the rear end can hop sometimes. I'm not sure about this so wanted to see how things went to be honest. They would have to be triangulated back to the chassis as they would tear the bottom of the floor out if bolted up to the tub.

I’ve left mine on for no reason other than I’m lazy . You won’t get wheel hop though, I’m pushing about 550Hp through them and it’s fine without.

I’m all adjusted now, arms are back on, just need to put the hubs & driveshafts back on now.

Regards

Jim
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

i did some thinking on this when I first built the car but couldn’t see how anything positive could be done with it. Unless any radius arm has the same pivot line as the lower wishbone it would either need to “stretch” or pull the lower wishbone although no the car (which won’t end well). Don’t see how that could be accomplished without major chassis / body surgery and for what benefit? As Jim says, even with massive HP it’s not a problem

Good point....Im pretty sure that if they were needed Andy at GD would have made some sort of mod for them, given that he now produces an anti roll bar for the front, Im pretty sure he would have done something at the rear....as it were!

Good point....Im pretty sure that if they were needed Andy at GD would have made some sort of mod for them, given that he now produces an anti roll bar for the front, Im pretty sure he would have done something at the rear....as it were!

Must admit I’ve been meaning to investigate the front ARB

After much delay it’s all back together now.

Question, can someone with an XJ40 manual tell me what the hub nut Torque should be? (XJ6 book says 55lb ft which feels waaaay to light to me).

Thanks

Jim

And yes, I did manage to assemble it with OSR and NSR hubs switched - doh!.
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Jim View Post
    After much delay it’s all back together now.

Question, can someone with an XJ40 manual tell me what the hub nut Torque should be? (XJ6 book says 55lb ft which feels waaaay to light to me).

Thanks

Jim

And yes, I did manage to assemble it with OSR and NSR hubs switched - doh!.
    Manual indicates 304-336 Nm for Axle Shaft Hub Nut
    Bob
    AK GenII arrived 1st April
    Let the cursing begin.........

Quote Originally Posted by BobMin View Post
    Manual indicates 304-336 Nm for Axle Shaft Hub Nut
    Thanks Bob, that’s much more like the force it took me to get them off! Sod’s law says my Torque wrench isn’t butch enough of course
    GD Mk3 Jag based
    Supercharged LS1
    GD J1M

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast