Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E10!

[QUOTE=ChrisP;602301]
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    I'm more interested in the Porsche with the LS in.....
    Ha, yes, it’s impressive! It’s a 944 which he totally rebuilt and upgraded the suspension and put a LSD and updated gearbox in it. He bought a kit from the States which was basically a bell housing and engine mounts to suit the LS plus an adapter to get on to the 944 torque tube. Then a 480hp (on the dyno) LS. To be fair he has done a cracking job. It’s funny with kids, you teach them, then they end up doing stuff better than you! With your tools!
    To start with it ripped the torque tube to pieces so he had Dave Mac make up a new shaft to his specs and upgraded the bearings in the tube. Now it’s good. Really fast, as quick as my cobra and handles really well. 50/50 weight distribution. Nice car
    Well done Chris he’s a credit to you as the car is to him. Make sure you get your tools back!
    Dek

So in short use tesco or esso super 99, do you still ad an addative on top of that ? Then a drive to mix it uop a bit, then keep tank full ove winter.?
    also worth updating any rubber pipes to ethanol proof. I suppose if you are ‘new building’ by the pump and any other seals as ethanol proof during rebuild. What about seals near the engine such as fuel injection or carb rubbers. ? I think holley/SU sell these parts as ethanol proof. What about paperelement in filters.? Fuel tank material?

If Esso is genuinely ethanol free then I guess no additives are required. However, I always add TetraBoost whatever I fill up on but I am running old school engine with high compression. I am trying to emulate the old 5 star fuel.
    For peace of mind, a drop of admix for winter storage is not going to do any harm whatsoever. I also put a drop of TetraBoost in all my garden machinery tanks for winter!
    Fir the cobra I put the admix in first then let it mix itself with the petrol as it pumps in.

Looks like E10 might be coming in sooner than we thought: https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/c...change-3104048
    Dek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDEL7WLN5U

How to remove ethanol from your fuel.

There's loads of other videos on you tube if you are concerned as to the effects of ethanol on your fuel systems.

Cheers,

Tony
    Supply by blagging, engineering by bodge......

Really interesting watching the videos of removing ethanol. There will be fewer garages selling high octane fuel in the future which may well cause big issues. There will soon be Cobras towing Bowsers full of ethanal free fuel. Now that's a remedy for disaster!
    Joint Area Rep - East Midlands Region
    AKCharlie - ''AKA SOOTY'' - AK GEN2 - LS3 - 6.2litre - 434bhp - A dream come true

Quote Originally Posted by AKCharlie View Post
    Really interesting watching the videos of removing ethanol. There will be fewer garages selling high octane fuel in the future which may well cause big issues. There will soon be Cobras towing Bowsers full of ethanal free fuel. Now that's a remedy for disaster!
    Much easier to tip this stuff in http://tetraboost.com/

An interesting video on the “which fuel” debate from an Aston Martin Independent. Its a few months old and doesn’t comment on the recent announcements about E10 but is very interesting, with basic tests confirming Esso’s claim of being Ethanol free...
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=wOxxPYLhBhM&feature=share

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123