Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parcel delivery

Interesting - my local post office told me it is only loose batteries they're concerned with and that batteries installed in a device are fine..
    My DeDion build diary..
    Hon Sec of the Digidash branch of the Unpopular Kit Car Design club

Quote Originally Posted by aaronjb View Post
    Interesting - my local post office told me it is only loose batteries they're concerned with and that batteries installed in a device are fine..

Correct:

https://www.royalmail.com/sites/defa...--23745440.pdf
    Alan

Ex CRC Thames Valley Regional Rep - please contact me if you're interested in taking on the role!
    UK Rep for European Cobra Club (eurocobra.boards.net)

Dax 427 DeDion - now sold
    2003 E85 Z4 3.0i - the new toy!

Quote Originally Posted by rpm015 View Post
    Yes that's what I would do if I was selling them, but as I'm buying them it becomes a bit more problematical if I've paid for them and then the parcel gets refused assuming the seller is willing to have the hassle of emptying them etc, trouble is they're in Peterborough and I'm in Devon otherwise I'd pick them up
    If you're really stuck I have to drive past Peterborough some time this side of Christmas and could get them back as far as Hertfordshire if that would help at all

Quote Originally Posted by dgosumo View Post
    If you're really stuck I have to drive past Peterborough some time this side of Christmas and could get them back as far as Hertfordshire if that would help at all
    Thanks for the offer but they were picked up today and should be delivered Monday or Tuesday

I use this site for price comparison. The initial shipping cost the most so going up in weight I have found does not make a great difference with some companies. They seem to have price breaks on weight with some with a big jump above 2kg.
    You can arrange pick up and ship so no drop off required. VAT added and print your own shipping labels at home saves time and they can pick up.

https://www.parcel2go.com
    Dax 351 Cleveland T5 2.88 PL

Tried to post a used airbag module. What a discussion at the post office.

Andy

I use The Pallet Network.
    There is a local haulage firm that will collect. Everything is very straightforward especially if it is not urgent.
    Small pallet with two diffs sent to Quaife just cost £60 inc collected from my works.
    I have used them to collect bulky eBay purchases. It just takes a bit of sorting out regarding times and access etc.
    Good service though.
    (Bacton Transport are my local agent)

Andy
    A S motorsport Ltd. 01379 688356 mob; 07909531816 web; asmotorsport.co.uk email \"andrewsoar@yahoo.com\"

My carbs parcel arrived today, can't fault the delivery company, they contacted the seller and arranged pick up which happened on time , they txt me 2 days ago to advise of delivery and twice today to give the time of drop off, communication was excellent, the whole thing stress free, I got them through Shipley where they are listed as Cidor but the actual company is called Proovia, on this experience I would recommend them

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12