Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parcel delivery

Parcel delivery

I'm trying to organise collection and delivery of some carbs but it seems most of the parcel/ courier services won't carry them, can anyone recommend a company that would accept them? , fairly large parcel 50x45x30cm and 22kg
    Any suggestions gratefully received
    Roger

Empty the petrol out, wrap them well, seal the bag and call them car parts!
    None of the carriers will touch anything like that these days as far as I know. Pathetic as it is.

Yes that's what I would do if I was selling them, but as I'm buying them it becomes a bit more problematical if I've paid for them and then the parcel gets refused assuming the seller is willing to have the hassle of emptying them etc, trouble is they're in Peterborough and I'm in Devon otherwise I'd pick them up

Put it on a pallet and get someone like Palletways to take it. Not that expensive.
    They take engines,gearboxes etc no problem.

Andy

I've now had a quote for £60 from a company via Shipley, I'll investigate palletways though

Safer on a pallet that in a parcel.

Andy

I think it was an inlet manifold I had to send to Holland some years ago - got a price at the post office of about double what I was getting for the sale, and couldn’t charge the ebay customer that much.
    Then I got a price from DHL but when they found they were collecting from a house they said, “No we don’t do that”, but couldn’t say why. It was still expensive. My wife suggested flying over to Amsterdam and handing it over (buyer lived near the airport)......
    Eventually I found Parcels 2 Ship (IIRC) and they had an offer on - less than a certain size and weight £10 to Europe including picking up from our house. Went for that option and guess who came to pick it up - yup DHL! I think there is also Parcels 2 Go.....

Nuf Said

Quote Originally Posted by corn plaster View Post
    Safer on a pallet that in a parcel.

Andy
    Possibly so, although that's no problem for me as I have access to pallets, most people don't and I can't expect the seller to source and buy a pallet, I'll probably go for one of the Shipley ones, it's the same money anyway

As long as your early Xmas present arrives safely.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Empty the petrol out, wrap them well, seal the bag and call them car parts!
    None of the carriers will touch anything like that these days as far as I know. Pathetic as it is.
    Not Cobra related I know,
    But this is relevant to the daft postal rules that we have .
    My wife's citizen eco drive watch need a stem and a new capacitor.
    No problem to soarse the parts but the capacitor/ battery deemes it hazardous
    therefore Royal Mail won't pick up and deliver !
    Others will d h l etc .
    The strange thing is if I order a complete watch movement complete with the capacitor
    the Royal Mail will then cooperate?
    The other thing is I don't see the relevance of a so called Eco watch with nasty bits in it !
    Daft I know but this is what we are up against Unfortunately, rant now over.
    Chris.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast